Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contactless payment

(Topic created on: 18-05-2024 07:41 AM)
Stas_penryn
First Poster
Options
Samsung, do you know that in London, in Tesco stores, it is not possible to pay with Google Pay, as well as sometimes on buses.
 This problem started about a year ago, after some kind of update. Samsung Pay works fine. 
I ran into this problem on my s21 and then on my s23. 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Open Google Wallet. Tap your profile picture and tap Wallet settings. Tap verification settings >Public transport payments. Is Verification required toggled off or on.

Ensure you have the latest security and Google Play System updates for your phone and that Google Wallet and Google Play store is up to date.
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

And to add, to the above, that I never had trouble paying using Google pay and Samsung anyplace in London or Europe 

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I use Samsung pay. And have no issues in Tesco or the transport for London. Which is quiet cool.
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
Stas_penryn
First Poster
Options
I wrote, Samsung Pay works perfectly. I have problems with google pay and only in Tesco supermarkets.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I know. I did read it. Why don't you just use Samsung pay then?

Your question feels unrelated since it's about Google wallet and Tesco and this is a Samsung forum.
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What you said was "do you know that in London, in Tesco store, it not possible to pay with Google pay"

That's a statement or is that a question, either way I live and work in London and always use Google pay in Tesco so don't understand?
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There is three Tesco store near my office have have used it in all of them
0 Likes
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
To be fair, this happens to me all the time, not just Tesco, but Shell garages, Texaco garages, cafes. Eventually, after some faffing about it works.
I use a Quad Lock case for attachment to my motorcycle, and I'm pretty sure it's that causing it. It's pretty thick. Just can't be bothered testing it without the case on.
0 Likes