Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant set multiple wallpapers and cant use Lockstar

(Topic created on: a month ago)
Cemark
Journeyman
Options

I have been trying to customize the Lockscreen on my S23 with Oneui 5.1 but I cant manage to set multiple wallpapers and there is also a problem with Lockstar. Any other feature with Good Lock works but Lockstar.

I debloated the phone when i got it 4 weeks ago. I dont have any other issues besides the locksreen customization. I must have deleted a crucial app so it prevents to me to do some changes on lockscreen. Anyone has any idea how can i fix it without resetting the phone?Screenshot_20240513_113258_One UI Home.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Out of interest, which apps did you get rid of (debloated) and how?
0 Likes
Cemark
Journeyman
Options

I did what was suggested in this video. I chose the "recommended" choice. 
The Simplest Way to Remove Bloatware on Android! (No Root Required) (youtube.com)

keith30
Maestro
Options
You should be on the later style One6.1 if you have the S23. You shouldn't have messed the operating system that's probably why you have hit issues since. Removing Bloatware is risky if you don't know what your doing, it seems you don't.
0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Videos need to be authorised by a moderator. However, I don't think this one will considering the nature of it.
One thing, though, can you double check the UI version as your post states UI 5.1, but wondering if you meant 6.1.

Have you tried reinstalling the Good Lock app and the modules you require.

Failing that, Is there any way you can factory reset the phone and start again, but this time, leave the 'bloatware' alone for now. We can give you advice regarding apps you don't want and also preinstalled apps that CAN'T be uninstalled.
At this stage it's difficult to tell what important files you've deleted, so best to start again with a fresh OS.
0 Likes
Cemark
Journeyman
Options

I stayed at 5.1 because of the battery drain issues with 6.1 

I asked if its a simple fix like installing a specific app they i deleted while debloating. I made so many adjustments and dont want to do it all over again just for the sake of some extra lock screen customization. I guess i will stick with what i have. 

0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Trouble is the Good Lock app, and its modules have since been optimised and updated to work with UI6.1 and may not be compatible with 5.1 anymore, hence the error message. I've got the S23U, and the 6.1 update works perfectly. You may wish to reconsider updating if you want your device to run smoothly. I understand your concerns, but it may be your only option if you want to proceed with Good Lock.
0 Likes
Cemark
Journeyman
Options

I guess i will have to wait for Samsung for another monthly update which they may fix their current issues with 6.1. I really do want to upgrade but I dont want to sacrifice the battery performance. I have read that some people need to charge their phones 2 times more thanks to 6.1 update. 

0 Likes