Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use my phone with non-EU sim

(Topic created on: 10 hours ago)
Kianoosh19
First Poster
Options

I bought an S23 from O2 Germany about a year ago and have been using it with two German SIM cards. Last month, I traveled to the UAE, but I couldn’t use my phone with a du SIM card. Everything I read suggests that I need to use my phone in Germany for one hour before I can switch to another SIM card. The du SIM card was activated and worked fine in my other phone. Is there any way to unlock my phone?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I thought it was use sim for country the phone is from for 5 mins

Maybe O2 Germany have network locked it, have you spoken to O2
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi.
Welcome .

This is a UK forum.

You will have to check with o2 Germany whether they carrier lick the phones there.

In the UK as far as I know phones are not locked any more and I would presume the same with EU ( I believe it was an Eu regulation).

I guess you will have to use other other phone till you find out what the issue is.
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
0 Likes
Kianoosh19
First Poster
Options

Yes, it’s 5 to 10 minutes, but I read somewhere that you should have a minimum of one hour for caution! I didn’t ask them directly, but I read in their community answers that they don’t have any locks on the phones anymore.

0 Likes
Kianoosh19
First Poster
Options

Hum! this is the link that i'm using:
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s23-series/can-t-use-my-phone-with-non-eu-sim/m-p/1077731...
It said EU!
I came back from the UAE, but I want to know why I can’t use any other SIM card on my phone? and if possible how to fix it 😞

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's make a 5 min phone call, it even says it on the box, but you should speak to them first as the rules maybe different in Germany also you got it from a network provider
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Call O2 Germany as has been repeatedly suggested to obtain clarity.....
S24 Ultra
0 Likes