Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Body Paint / Coating - S-Pen Area

(Topic created on: 13-01-2024 04:04 PM)
Warlozo
Pathfinder
Options
Never use my S-Pen because when I take it out it constantly asks to reconnect it etc 

Yet the paint / coating on the phones body has flaked off, phones been in a UAG Case from day one

Used UAG on all my Samsung phones and never had this happen before 

Phones under 12mth old. Samsung store was no help when I phoned them, at first I thought they was gonna replace my phone but turns out they're just morons and wanted to only give me a new S-Pen

What can anyone advise ?

Thx
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Warlozo 

The finish shouldn't be affected by a case unless some grit / debris has managed to get inside between the case and phone which is hard enough to affect the finish. 

I use the UAG Monarch Pro Kevlar Black Magsafe Case on my Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra which has a step cut into it to allow access to my sPen, and haven't had any such issues. 

That said it's viable that a finish issue was there at the time of manufacture which couldn't be seen by the naked eye. 

In the Uk and most other regions Samsung provide a 24 month manufacturing warranty so ask for that to be implemented.

You could contact a Samsung Service Centre for assistance if Samsung Customer Services have been unable to grasp the issue correctly,  however they may attach the issue to general wear and tear. 

In regards to your sPen wanting to reconnect then I'd first run the diagnostic tool found in your Samsung Members App, and also look at the settings section relevant to your sPen and look for a reset option etc. 

Personally I would accept the sPen from Samsung too just incase it's that which has the issue inside. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Warlozo
Pathfinder
Options
Hi

It was the service centre who didn't grasp the issue on the phone and offered the S-Pen

I'll give them another call and see if I get anywhere.

My main issue is if it's sent for repair I can't be without a device.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hey @Warlozo 

Yes unfortunately if you are required to send the phone to Samsung to be assessed or leave the phone at a Service Centre then yes unless you can borrow a phone from a friend , work colleague or family member you would be without a phone for a period of time. 

Some unlocked to all networks can be pretty cheap to purchase then hold onto as a back up phone for future use. 

In the UK Highstreet Stores such as CEX or Game sell traded in phone's and some supermarkets sell cheap phone's if you have the disposable income. 

Do let us know how you get on please. 

0 Likes
Warlozo
Pathfinder
Options
Shall do, it's gonna be a couple week now before I can take it, I go for a double elbow and hand operation on the 22nd
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

OK @Warlozo 

I also wish you all the best with your medical operations.