Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta 6.0

(Topic created on: 03-05-2023 01:31 PM)
mattb
Navigator
Options
Does anyone know when there will be an option to join the 6.0 beta program? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @mattb  Not official information yet, however  the  One UI 6.0 Beta is expected to be available around August, the public release could be in October according to some tech sites  but is somewhat speculative and depends on testing.   some information here  https://www.sammyfans.com/2023/04/13/samsung-one-ui-6-0-android-14-features-eligible-devices-and-rel... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
As @JAMES4578 has said.
When the Beta is ready for a limited release.
You will see the invitation if you have an applicable phone. In the Members App

Unless you are familiar with Beta Software. It can have glitches and bugs. Also quite often, online banking apps won't work as well.
If it's your only main phone, it's probably not advisable to download it.
Sometimes it's not easy to go back to older software as well without issues
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@mattb  As @Glenntech  has mentioned there can be glitches and so can be problematic if using your main Device though I think One UI 5.0  did not have quite as many issues. Google Pay also does not work in Beta (depending on how important that is to you), Samsung Pay is usually ok (though not guaranteed).

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.