Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available WiFi List Empty

(Topic created on: 22-05-2023 11:43 PM)
jnhaffey
Journeyman
Options
I've just upgraded from a GS21 to a GS23+ but when I try to connect to my home WiFi, nothing is listed. It avoid all the standard questions, I've followed all the advice online: soft reset, network reset, safe mode, and factory reset. Even when the phone is completely new and I'm going through setup, no networks are listed.

Now to add to the mystery, ive also upgraded my wife to a GS23 and her phone is doing the same thing. Oddly though, if I start up both of our old phones (GS21 A52 respectively) they show our home network plus our neighbours networks as well.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
jnhaffey
Journeyman
Options
I finally have a solution but it was just by dumb luck it was found. After running through tests with Samsung Support and my provider's tech team, something odd dawned on me. Every now and then I would see networks show up but they would vanish just as fast, plus one of the techs make a comment about my Wi-Fi not splitting 2.4GHz and 5GHz. I decided to turn on my guest network (which had been off until this point) and bam, I could see it and connect. This lead me to change my google search to look for Samsung and ASUS Lyra connection issues, which lead me to this link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/samsunggalaxy/comments/xjxopm/fold_4_wont_see_home_wifi_network/

Turns out, my ASUS iMesh Network needed to be rebuild using the latest ASUS Tool so that it was configured in a way that allows the GS23 (and based on the post the Fold and Flip) to actually see the network. Thank you everyone for your help, I am not sure I would have ever figured this out without the extra trouble shooting.

On a side note, I do feel bad because my provider is sending me two new phones tomorrow because earlier today I had no hope apart from maybe the phones were faulty, turns out the phones are fine but the replacements are already on their way so no stopping them now.

View solution in context

13 REPLIES 13
jnhaffey
Journeyman
Options
I ran diagnostic from this app and it does seem my phone can see 3 networks but is hiding them in the list for some reason. Screenshot_20230522_235501_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20230522_235452_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @jnhaffey 

Pull down from the top to show your toggles and long press on the Wi-Fi toggle.

Tap on the 3 little dots in the top Rh corner. 

Then look at the various options there including Advanced Settings.

See if you can forget the networks.

The issue may have presented itself if you've moved your information over via a back up you've made.

Samsung Link > How-do-i-connect-to-wi-fi. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
jnhaffey
Journeyman
Options
Thanks @BandOfBrothers. I should have mentioned that in the list of thi ks I tried. Also, after doing the factory reset, there was no cached networks so it was clean then too. Still the same problem. Going to try support today as I'm at a loss to what to try next.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you turned off broadcasting your SSID on your router?
0 Likes
jnhaffey
Journeyman
Options
No, my WiFi broadcasts it SSID.
0 Likes
jnhaffey
Journeyman
Options
I spoke with Samsung support and after digging into it, they think the phone is the issue but cannot narrow down to what. They have issued replacement codes to swap out both phones with the provider.
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Can you log onto your router?? To see if it's working.
0 Likes
jnhaffey
Journeyman
Options
Yes, our old phones, laptops. Tvs, etc are all still able to see the WiFi and connect without issue.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm thinking that your router may be the issue. Have you tried rebooting it?