Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrived in thailand - Unable to get emails or sign in on sky.com (access denied server problem)

(Topic created on: 22-02-2023 04:11 AM)
chaulky
First Poster
Options
Unable to get emails unable ti even sign in on sky.com
Long error code appears with access denied server problem.
There seems to be a few people in resort with this problem help
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Coffeesurfers
Pioneer
Options
So many questions my friend and none of them will pertain to the phone you're using.

From the little information you have provided, it's with sky and nothing to do with your phone.

For assistance at the very least you would need to post a screenshot of the error
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@chaulky 

Can you use a local sim card to see if that helps if your having issues roaming using your own sim.

Also try choosing a different network to latch to which may help.

Maybe the resort has available Wi-Fi available too.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎  

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You can try using a VPN as well and see if that helps
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

Sky likely either block connections from Thailand or access via public VPNs' (if the resort is using one). You can try a VPN as suggested above with the location set to the UK and if you're there a while and need email access, you can forward mail to another email address with a different provider in the meantime.

Say hi to us on socials -  @SamsungUK

-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Did enable roaming on your account, before leaving for Thailand? I know its a silly question, but need to ask
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
In a way, you'll be happy you are unable to check your emails in Thailand (or anywhere else, for that matter). Upon arrival in any 3rd country, make sure to DEACTIVATE WIFI ROAMING, as well as switching off MOBILE DATA. I used to work in Thailand, and made sure that I used the local sim (ToT - Telecoms of Thailand), which you can buy landside, upon arrival at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

As a side note: I worked for a courier company at LHR, and spent a weekend in Napoli on duty. My GM phoned up for the proof of delivery of the item I was hand-carrying, and then proceeded to continue with the "small-talk" (hows the weather, etc). When I arrived back in London, and got my next bill, I was shocked to be billed over £100 for an 8-minute call... and that was back in the good old days when ownership of a Nokia 3330 phone was "de-rigeur"!! (approx 20 years ago, for those of you too young to know what a Nokia was).

In short - no matter where you travel, go "local". Once on the local network, you can always email everyone with your temporary "foreign" number.
0 Likes