Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's gulping at my storage?

(Topic created on: 26-10-2022 11:43 AM)
Jamsterdm
Helping Hand
Options

Screenshot_20221026_114107_My Files.jpg

 hello brainy people, I'm getting low(ish) on memory, don't really wanna delete any videos or pictures tbh but why is system taking a good 50GB of storage up? Doesn't seem correct, some Samsungs still launch with only 64gb so it can't just be android/oneui

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Neo001
Legend
Options

If you have Google Files app, it can help with the cleaning up of junk files on your phone. It will also tell you if there are duplicate files or blurry photos and show you photos and videos from WhatsApp (forwards, which you could possibly delete).

Screenshot_20221026_130236_Files by Google.jpg

You could also try wiping the cache partition clean, may free up some space.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Solution
Neo001
Legend
Options

If you have Google Files app, it can help with the cleaning up of junk files on your phone. It will also tell you if there are duplicate files or blurry photos and show you photos and videos from WhatsApp (forwards, which you could possibly delete).

Screenshot_20221026_130236_Files by Google.jpg

You could also try wiping the cache partition clean, may free up some space.

0 Likes
Jamsterdm
Helping Hand
Options
Nice share, will get that downloaded. Does cache partition clean not lose any data then?
Neo001
Legend
Options

Wipe cache partition option will not delete any data. Be careful not select Wipe data/factory reset.

Jamsterdm
Helping Hand
Options
I'll accept as solution but if anyone else has any other tricks... Or insight to what the 50GB system stuff is holla here :smiling-face:
0 Likes
cker6552
First Poster
Options
Have a sort through photos, videos, apps, audio files. Check my files to see what "other files" are there and also empty recycle bin. Clean master apk will help clear all the cache and that aswell 👍
robd1
Voyager
Options
Hello @Jamsterdm, Samsung/My Files/3 Bar Menu has an Analyse Storage option that will show you duplicate and large files. I always start small with Recycle Bin and Application Files.
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
My system is 101gb!!!! 😱Screenshot_20221026_135320_My Files.jpg
0 Likes
Jamsterdm
Helping Hand
Options
*****!!!
0 Likes