Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB C to headphone jack issue.

(Topic created on: 27-10-2023 12:44 AM)
Chrispt1977
First Poster
Options
Previously had Galaxy S9 plus and used cable between phone and stereo to listen to music and make phone calls.
Recently upgraded to the Galaxy S22 Ultra which obviously has no headphone port so bought the genuine Samsung usb c to headphone jack adapter.
Trouble is I can listen to my music no problem however when I make a phone call I can hear the other person but they can't hear me. Also the Samsung voice recorder app works great but stops recording my voice when I plug the adapter in.
Any solutions to this problem, I assume the adapter I bought has DAC chip as it genuine Samsung but don't know for sure.
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Cobalt86
Journeyman
Options
No microphone detected on your ear/headphones?
0 Likes
Chrispt1977
First Poster
Options
Getting the message "external mic will be used to record audio". Don't want to use an external mic, just want to run cable from adapter to the aux in port on vehicle stereo but it refuses to pick up my voice even though I can hear the other person and music etc. At a loss now, not sure how to make it work.
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
If your mic/headset is connected to the aux it is the external mic. It's also worth checking you got the correct adapter jack for a headset as there are differences i.e some will only transmit audio for headphones and some for both mic and headphones. You can check by counting the rings on the jack Ithink there should be 3 rings for a headset
0 Likes