Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update

(Topic created on: 07-06-2022 12:16 AM)
mouseninja
First Poster
Options
Hi, Samsung released the June update a few days ago, I haven't received it because I guess I got my phone through o2

Is there any way to get the updates when released or am I gonna have to wait on o2 every time?

Thanks in advance
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Yes, wait for O2 to verify it works properly and release it. There's a reason they do that to avoid being inundated with irate customers whose phones stop working reliably on their network.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @mouseninja 

Some Networks ask Samsung to hold off sending out updates until they have tested that the new software does not clash with their network apps and features.

The software is sent out in batches dependant on region, phone model , build and serial number. 

It's sent out in waves as not to cause the Samsung servers to crash etc.

Please do keep checking your phone's software update section and you could also try Samsung Smartswitch to see if the update is available that way.

I'm sure you'll receive it pretty soon.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Beta22
Voyager
Options
The S22 series has been receiving updates in a very timely manner so far! I still remember the days when there was no guarantee that an OTA update would even land ... Got to give a thumbs up to Samsung for finally persisting with updates across their vast device portfolio.
0 Likes