Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusual Screen Protector installation kit

(Topic created on: 26-06-2022 11:04 PM)
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
A friend of mine found this screen protector, and because its something a bit different.
I thought I'd try it.
It's not the cheapest of screen protectors and costs around £25.
But something different, so let's get this installed. 

So it's made by a company call Mohave.
It's a screen protector and application kit.
Now it's saying on the box that it's a hybrid glass.
I will give my thoughts on that a bit further on in this article. 
The screen protector is fully self adhesive, and once on, it's not going to move anywhere. Sticks very firmly.

In the kit you get two protectors and cleaning kits.
As you can see, you get the application box as well.

The application box will house the phone and the orange roller smooths down the protector as it rolls over the phone.

First of all the phone goes in and the green plastic retainer gets put in to lock the phone in place.

Next is the important bit. Cleaning the screen very throughly to remove any dirt or grease. 

Paying particular attention to the edges.

Next is dust removal. Take your time and try to be gentle so as not to disturb any ambient dust.
I find washing my hands to not only clean them but also to dampen the skin to prevent any dead skin etc from becoming a problem. 

Next is the fun part.
Applying the screen protector. 
Firstly the first layer has to come off.

Next pop the white plastic locator into the hole in the application box. 

Next locate it into the bottom pegs

Now hold the box firmly and pull the lid downwards. Then push back up.

Next the top film needs to be removed 

So the protector fits really well and lines up well.
Now I'm not one for glass screen protectors on curved screen phones as they tend to be thicker than film ones.
This is the case with this protector. 

It's case friendly as well and I tried it with the Samsung Leather case

Now there are some issues I have with it.
One being it can attract some fingerprints, but easily cleaned.

Also I have a question about the glass aspect of this protector. 
I took a knife and scored the first one I put on. If it was glass it shouldn't leave a mark.

Also bending the protector also doesn't fracture any glass

So to me it just a thick plastic protector. 

It will be a really good protection for your screen though. I feel if I was to drop something on the screen, it will protect it really well. 
There is a bit of resistance using the S Pen on it. More than I'd prefer, but not enough to affect it's use.

Fingerprint sensor works well which was my main concern. But works first time every time. 
Just remember to re-register your fingerprints after installation.

Think the screen clarity is OK. Perfectly viewable. But you can see it has a layer on the screen for me.
Guess I'm used to glass and thin TPU type protectors that have a touch more clarity. 

Removing the protector leaves no residue and it comes off with some resistance. Though not enough that would cause any damage. Good to know it won't lift very easily. 

Is it worth the money, well its not the cheapest screen protector and personally for me it's not the one I like. I prefer a thinner protector. 
But this one will be great for preventing damage to the screen.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask in the comments😊 
5 REPLIES 5
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Glenntech  Interesting, not sure it would be the type I would go for but the screen protection may outweigh  certain disadvantages for some. Thanks for the comprehensive review.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's definitely protective.
The way it sticks to the screen I think will make it last a long time
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Can you update your thread with what it's like to remove it when the time comes please.

How does the protector adhere to the phone @Glenntech  ? Sorry if I missed that in your step by step presentation. 

Is it the variant with adhesive around the edges of the protector  ?

I agree it shouldn't leave a mark from a knife if it is glass.

It's good to see various manufacturers of accessories come up with new products and ways of trying to make the application a smoother more seamless affair.

I think your already aware in regards to which phone screen protector I prefer to use, but for the benefit of members reading your thread > [ Whitestone  Dome Glass Screen Protector ] I find this one suits my needs. It's most definitely not the cheapest option too.

As with all protectors it's important that the fingerprint scanner works well with the accessory so thank you for advising this particular one does  👍

The feel of the protector is important too which is why I choose to not use Tpu / Plastic options along with how the sPen feels when using it on the screen. I wouldn't want to be distracted away from using the Spen i.e taking concentration away from using it to thinking I'm not keen on how it feels on using the nib on the screen - if that makes sense  !

Thank you for sharing  ✌️😎

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have amended the thread, good points you raised that I missed out putting in. It is fully adhesive and not too much of a struggle to remove. Does not leave any residue.

To me I'm struggling to see where they get the glass aspect from, as to me there's no glass in this kit.
Have reached out to the manufacturer. But don't suppose I will get any reply.
Think to me the Whitestone Dome is a better kit and better quality product ultimately
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Possibly so @Glenntech 

The Whitestone Dome is most definitely glass as I've experienced one splinter on removal although it stays in place due to how it's constructed.

So the adhesive on the one you've tried has 100% adhesive all over 👍

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes