Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THERE IS A SECRET FOLDER!!!

(Topic created on: 22-12-2023 10:28 PM)
EziniT
Student
Options
Each and every time my s22 ultra is reset there is a notification that cannot be turned off according to samsung support because its a "system notification" saying:

***Secure folder locked*** - unlock to get notifications from apps in the secure folder

The only way to remove this notification is too unlock the folder......I don't have any apps in it, just private documents.

Kinda defeats the whole purpose of a secure folder.....

Makes me chuckle each time i see it, imagine a burglar breaking into your home while you're there with the family and your aunt says "DONT TELL THEM ABOUT THE SAFE WITH THE CASH OR ALL MY JEWELRY IN THE SPARE ROOM"

My first thought would be shut-up dumbass.

So any chance we can we have this notification removed?

3 REPLIES 3
arianwen27
Pioneer
Options
The point of the folder isn't to be hidden or that people won't find it. It's designed to be secure and encrypted. When you reboot your phone, the phone doesn't know the password to unlock it, that's what the notification is for. So yes family members and whoever can know its there, but they can't break the security that locks it from being accessed. To use your example. Why hide your money in a mattress when you can put it in a giant safe that no one can break into. People can see the safe, they can't get into it. Someone can search your house and find the money, wouldn't be hard hard to take it then
0 Likes
noisytwit
Pioneer
Options
Secure, not secret!
0 Likes
EziniT
Student
Options
Ohhhh yes., silly me.... advertising it in a notification makes it more secure and less noticeable.

having to unlock it every single time to remove the notification is a great feature too.

What was I thinking.....