Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System UI

(Topic created on: 27-11-2022 10:46 PM)
jjay0307
Pioneer
Options
since the last software update my phone keeps constantly freezing/crashing all the time, no matter what I do, restart my phone, it doesn't matter it comes back. I used the beta and never had any issues, then the full release has been a nightmare. I really can't be the only one with this issue, it took them a while for the November update and it's the worst so far, sometimes I just can't use my phone. then it pops up saying system ui has crashed, so I wait or close the app, I press close because my phone won't work and then it takes me to lockscreen and it will happen every 5/10 mins and it will crash again. it's absolutely annoying especially since this is the latest phone I have the s22 ultra and it's been terrible, probably the worst Samsung phone I've owned, there's a lot of mistakes made with this phone and I hope the next one is better.
10 REPLIES 10
NHPIXELSPHOTOGRAPHY
Pathfinder
Options
Have you backed up and fully restored? Some times a clean reset and restore is a often a grind but reduces issues. Just make sure you have saved everything including secure folder.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You would probably benefit from the cleaning of the Partition Cache
It's a quick simple process that can help a lot
Failing this, it's probably an app or Theme issue

Wiping cache partition fixes some of the
bugs and improve performance by
removing unwanted cache files.

Turn off your phone.

Connect your phone with a USB cable
to PC or another Samsung mobile

You will see the charging icon on your screen.
Wait till it shows charging with battery percentage.

Next, press and hold the Volume up and Side key simultaneously.
You can press the volume up button just before the Side key.
The Samsung Logo followed by
Samsung Galaxy appears on the
screen.

At this point, release the keys
Phone will boot into Android Recovery mode

In Android recovery mode, using Volume keys, choose "Wipe Cache
Partition" .

Then press Side Key to Confirm by selecting "Yes" and then press Side Key

You get "cache wipe complete" at the
bottom of the screen
Restart the phone to complete the
process

Let us know how you get on
GabrielCohen27
Explorer
Options
Try resetting to factory mode the. Re install again it might help.
jjay0307
Pioneer
Options
thank you, I have done it and I will see how it goes within the next day and get back to you to see if it works, I hope it does, its been driving me mad, and I didn't want to restore my phone, having to sign into all the apps and everything again is just frustrating. but thanks so much for your help, I appreciate it
yaya18
Apprentice
Options
I am experiencing the same issues, it takes a lot of patience when trying to use my Samsung S20. I am losing the will to live. Its driving me crazy
yaya18
Apprentice
Options
Hi, I am having the same issues, I have done the partition Cache on my phone it did make some difference for about 2 weeks now it's worse than ever. May I ask if there is anything else apart from Partition Cache that I could try? I can't believe whilst I'm typing this my phone has been faultless 🤔
0 Likes
jjay0307
Pioneer
Options
yeah I'm not doing that, then having to sign into every single app again, it's just my last thing I want to do, I'm gonna wait on this next update and see what happens. but it's taking ages for them to send it out maybe this is why. if I use an app to watch videos in the corner and then use another app it freezes and crashes, I don't think it will make a difference resetting my phone, because the problems in the software for the UI as that's the one that comes up System UI is not responding wait or close the app. it's that they need to fix. it won't make any difference restoring my phone.
0 Likes
peanut64
First Poster
Options
Me too, we pay all that money to upgrade our phones, im really beginning to wish I'd kept my Samsung galaxy s10 plus, it was a great phone, im tempted to go back an change back to the SG S10 plus. Its constantly turning off an back on for no reason then saying system UI. 😒😡
0 Likes
Ad1an
First Poster
Options
My wife's s21 has completely frozen. Can't shut down or anything. Any tips?
0 Likes