Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Super fast charging no longer working after One UI update (not the beta)

(Topic created on: 29-10-2022 08:42 AM)
Blue_Meanie
Explorer
Options

I have a Samsung galaxy s22 ultra and I updated to One UI a few days ago (the stable release, not the beta).

I have noticed today that when I plug my phone in to charge, I'm only getting the normal 'charging' notification. I use a 3rd party superfast charger that was working absolutely fine before the update, and now it is not. I've made sure the fast/superfast charging is enabled in the settings.

I have plugged my partners phone into my charger (Samsung galaxy s21 ultra on One UI 4.x) and super charging works as expected do its not the cable or charger. I've also plugged my phone into my partners charger (official Samsung superfast charger) and it works. This tells me that Samsung have disabled the use of 3rd party chargers for fast and superfast charging for One UI 5, which is disgusting quite frankly. They should not be allowed to have a dictate that I can only use their products when I have one that works perfectly fine to begone with.

Samsung, you need to change this 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
B12UMMY
Voyager
Options
How long does it take for a full charge? Mine takes around 1hr 15 mins . When plugged in, it says 'charging " only. It used to say super fast charging( super fast/fast charging are both enabled). But recently I've noticed that if the phone is on charge ( displaying 'charging ' on my notifications) and I go into the battery settings. It's says that super fast charger is connected.

View solution in context

18 REPLIES 18
Solution
B12UMMY
Voyager
Options
How long does it take for a full charge? Mine takes around 1hr 15 mins . When plugged in, it says 'charging " only. It used to say super fast charging( super fast/fast charging are both enabled). But recently I've noticed that if the phone is on charge ( displaying 'charging ' on my notifications) and I go into the battery settings. It's says that super fast charger is connected.
B12UMMY
Voyager
Options
Try it on urs
0 Likes
Blue_Meanie
Explorer
Options

Oh yeah, so it does! Looks like it's just the text that has changed rather than them disabling the feature. Thanks for that. 

It's still taking longer to charge than it should though, I was at 50% battery and it was saying 52 minutes to full charge. That sounds like basic fast charge rather than superfast, but I guess I'll keep an eye on it 

B12UMMY
Voyager
Options
Next time let ur phone battery die and fully charge it. Time it urself and see how long it takes to fully charge. Ignore the charging time on the notification. It should take around 1hr 15/20 mins.
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I noticed that this was one of the changes in my recent beta updates. The phrase "fast charging" that appears during super fast charging is changed to "charging" after a certain period of time. It is not an issue but a new conception. Screenshot_20221029_102829_Software update.jpg
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
As have been discussed above they have changed the wording and also the way superfast works is it will charge faster when your phone has lesser battery like 15%or lower then compared to say your phone has 40%or more.
Kidrampage
First Poster
Options

Having the same issues ever since I did the update my phone will go into super fast charging  for a sec and then go to cable charge  and I have try 3 different  Samsung  wall pieces  and three different  cords and still nothing even went and got my usb type c port replaced to found out it still not working for me 

0 Likes
iashishkrsharma
First Poster
Options

i have the same issue and this is really annoying. i have all 3rd party chargers and none of them work with fast charging anymore.

0 Likes
Blue_Meanie
Explorer
Options
@iashishkrsharma @Kidrampage turns out it's not actually an issue as I first thought. Your phone is in fact fast/superfast charging, they've just changed the wording in the screen. It'll say the charging type for a few seconds then change to only say 'charging'. If you go into the battery settings, it will say fast/superfast charging in there instead.

I think it was a dumb change, but at least its not actually broken