Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Card Deal Breaker

(Topic created on: 23-02-2022 07:26 AM)
Tazfiend
Student
Options

For the second time I have ditched thoughts of upgrading my Galaxy because of the lack of SD card. If a third generation passes with no SD card I will, with regret, be looking to ditch Samsung entirely. This cheap attempt to drag more money out of customers, by removing a basic piece of hardware, is a deal breaker for me. 

I have over 150Gb of photos on my SD card, going back to the days of my Nokia N95. Cloud storage is not a practical option for quick access. (I run my own backup cloud server, with a fast link, I'm no luddite). For anyone who likes fast access to local files an SD card slot is an absolute requirement. 

Please Samsung, wake up. Stop spoiling otherwise great devices or lose custom. 

10 REPLIES 10
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Not sure how many flagship phones these days will tick all those boxes. Sony Xperia 1 IV comes to mind. I am a fan of a flatter display as well, having it super curved has more drawbacks than benefits I think. I do care about my privacy but when it comes down to it, the photos I do have could be seen by whoever and I wouldn't be bothered really. I live a boring life really so there's not much to too see.
0 Likes