Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen going crazy!

(Topic created on: 12-06-2022 09:19 AM)
Flash6251
Journeyman
Options
I have had my S22 ultra a couple of weeks now and it has just started playing up. When on charge and an alarm or calender reminder comes through the screen goes crazy! It's like a TV with a very poor signal. Colours and lines going vertically in a scrambled fashion. Anyone else experienced this?
6 REPLIES 6
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Not me, I've had my s22 ultra since release and use the alarm and calendar notifications daily and never had and issue.

If it's been OK till recently then maybe an app you've installed is causing this.

Does it do it straight after the phone is restarted if not I'd return the phone back to factory settings and see how it goes, I wouldn't start installing loads of apps until you test it.
AndrewL
Options

@Flash6251: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Is the phone idle when your encounter the problem, or in use? If it's idle, do you have Always On Display active, or any other lock screen features enabled? Do the lines remain on screen after the notification comes through, or is the issue only present at the time of the notification? 

To check if the issue is stemming from an external source, please try restarting the phone in Safe Mode. To enter Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode. Monitor the performance for a few hours, depending on the frequency of the issue. If you notice an improvement then please restart the S22 Ultra as you would normally and delete any recently installed 3rd party apps. Let me know how you get on. 

Flash6251
Journeyman
Options
Hi Stuart, I have installed a couple of games which I can lose. It only seems to happen only whilst on charge. The other night it did it whilst on charge then this morning for my alarm. I had to press the side button to blank the screen then press it again to illuminate and stop the alarm.
The phone was swapped from my note 20 ultra via smart switch and no problems with anything until now. Other than a bit disappointed with the battery life buts that's another thing I will sort.
0 Likes
Flash6251
Journeyman
Options
Hi Andrew, the phone is in idle mode as it was a calender reminder whilst I was sat watching TV. The other was this morning for my wake up alarm. I don't have always on display activated as. No other lock features enabled. The lines stay on the screen until I press the side power button to blank the screen then I press it again to illuminate it and it resets back to normal.
I will try the safe mode and delete a recently installed game. Many thanks 😊
0 Likes
Flash6251
Journeyman
Options
I managed to capture what my phone is doing when the alarm goes off.
So what do you think? This is my morning alarm, so obviously phone is not on, sat on a wireless charger.IMG-20220630-WA0001_8209_1656571326.jpgIMG-20220630-WA0000_8206_1656571321.jpg
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Flash6251: If the issue has persisted then I recommend sending through an Error Report with accompanying System Log Data, so our team of experts can take a closer look at this for you. To do this, please head to the Members app > Get Help > Error Report > Tap 'OK' to send System Log Data > Select the symptom, and include as much detail as possible. To ensure your logs accurately reflect the issue you're experiencing, we'd like you to submit your report within 5 minutes of encountering the problem. Our engineers will then investigate this and respond to you with a solution via the Members app.

In the meantime, please try heading to Settings > Battery and device care > Optimise now, then select Memory > Clean now. Following these steps, head to Settings > Apps > Clock > Force stop > Storage > Clear cache > Back > Calendar > Force stop > Storage > Clear cache, then restart your device.