Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S22 ULTRA with all kinds of problems, so sad that they rushed garbage out like that!!

(Topic created on: 15-05-2022 05:31 AM)
Edmon7
Explorer
Options

I have Samsung cellphones for what...20 years? Every cell has a problem here and there...My S8+ the screen got all read after 2 years, the S22 Ultra had a poor camera, could never focus near  on macro and this S22 ULTRA is by far the worst cell I have had. Seems like today they only think in fine tune the camera and forget what the cellphone is about - MAKE RELIABLE PHONE CALLS!!!

I have the S22 Ultra with Snapdragon in U.S., recently went to Brazil for 4 weeks and even that I had a International access via Verizon, my cell could not detect any operators, zero, nada!  Down there is GSM. Imagine, me with a rental car and NO GPS, NO SERVICE !! Looking deeper, I have the SM-S908U model (for U.S.) and seems like they have another S22 Ultra (international model)  so , seems like or my cell has a big problem or the Samsung advertising is very shady because this cell supposed to work with all bands....not true. So, I had to purchase a cheaper cellphone with prepaid service in Brazil in order to have service and hot spot to my S22...L A M E !!!! Also, I live in rural zone in U.S., ALWAYS had service with my old S20 Ultra...not with the S22 Ultra,  it drops the service almost every 5 minutes or less...duration can be 30 seconds to one hour. So, I have an old S8+ with Straight talk pre paid card that ALWAYS have service for back up

Bottom line, I pad a lot for a new S22 Ultra and still need keep up two extra cells in order to have all the service in one I had with my S20 Ultra...simply ridiculous, I have reach out to Samsung and Verizon tech support, nearly 22 hours on the phone, I have tried everything in the book and what they recommended and no help.

IT IS NOT A MATTER OF SOFTWARE UPDATE, IT IS HARDWARE PROBLEM  and Samsung will not do anything about, like they did nothing with all S8+ screens getting red. This may be my last Samsung product for sure!!! Samsung WAS good when product was made in Korea long ago....

16 REPLIES 16
Knightshift76
Voyager
Options
So many people on here are defending this phone for samsung It's super annoying
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I find it works well. I guess I would face challenges too if I had to travel outside Europe, as I've done in the past,  but then I would have done research to establish what network to use and if any are compatible. 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Your device is compatible with bands that are used in Brazil, see Samsung SM-S908U Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G UW Dual SIM TD-LTE US 128GB / SM-S908T (Samsung Rainbow B) Comp...

I can only assume Verizon made some sort of error with regard to roaming (your device is locked to them). 

Please be aware that you have posted on the European forum. We have the international version here. The main difference compared to US is is the US uses different 5G bands. There are also CPU and modem differences.

Wockeye
Pioneer
Options
I have a uk model and I'm on my second replacement as I can't receive calls! I only know I've had a call when I get a notification come through minutes later needless to say I'm currently speaking to my network provider about this as if it curry's on then they can have this devise back as jts not fit for purpose
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
Honestly this is strange, I have the exynos S22 ultra and no issues at all, I have travelled abroad with roaming switched on and no problem with getting a signal. I was even getting signal while on the plane flying over different countries with my phone locking on to their individual networks. The fact you are having these issues are either a network issue or a hardware problem, either way it can be resolved. I do know that the snapdragon version from Verizon doesn't pick up 5g in the UK for a fact.
Edmon7
Explorer
Options

probably paid posters for damage control, cellphone is bad everywhere

Edmon7
Explorer
Options

Correct,  the cell is 4G and 5G ...ONLY, not capable for 3G.....and that is the biggest problem. Verizon tech support did everything they could, the resolution was....YOUR PHONE HAS A PROBLEM

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Verizon support 3G CDMA, not GSM. If you did not have a handset tied to Verizon ie the S-908U1, it would handle 3G GSM. Your phone does not have a problem ie no fault but does not support 3G GSM which I would have thought Verizon would have known. I'm in the UK, have little knowledge about US devices and it wasn't that difficult to find out the issue.

Edmon7
Explorer
Options

Location I was in Brazil had 3G, 4G AND 5G.....still no network was found. I had no problems with my old S8+ or S20 Ultra at same Brazilian location before.