Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 series

(Topic created on: 07-01-2023 12:55 PM)
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
So we are nearly at that time for the new s23 series,and I was wondering if you guys were interested in upgrading from whatever model you own now?.

I currently have the s22 and just love the design and size of it, battery isn't as bad as people make out either,I get around 5-7hrs sot with all day battery (exynos).
Unpopular opinion but I don't like where Samsung have gone with the ultras,they should of just kept the name "note" and left the "s" series alone.i still have my s21 ultra which is the last true "s" series flagship phone.

Anyway with so many rumours and pictures flying about we have a pretty good idea of what the phones will look like now.
So I'm considering getting the s23 mainly because I have an obsession 😅,but only if the bezels are the same or smaller than my s22, battery has been improved, also apparently they are having Snapdragon across the board this time(although never had issue with exynos in last two models).

Phones now are very stagnant and minimal with regards to upgrades that even someone like myself who has an unhealthy obsession with getting a new phone, nothing has caught my eye.

Love to hear from you guys on what you are hoping for in the s23 series,and what phone you're currently using.

Thanks everyone and I hope you all have a great 2023 ❤️
25 REPLIES 25
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I think I we are all secretly addicted to the sheer rush and excitement of getting a new phone tinglish. As an adult, waiting for it to arrive takes me back to the magical feeling of waking up on Christmas morning as a kid!.. 🤣🤣🤣🤣👍
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
🤣 yes that is exactly the feeling,you really nailed what the experience of getting a new phone is like 🎅🤣
Wastedagen
Navigator
Options
Already book marked my calender to pre order on 2 Feb to 9th..

https://www.phonearena.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s23-announcement-unpacked-date-colors_id144679

Sold my iPhone 13 pro max along with trading in my s22 Ultra to get the 23U.....
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Wow ok seems like you really want the s23 ultra 😅.
Do you think there will be much difference between that and your s22 ultra?
0 Likes
Wastedagen
Navigator
Options
To be honest from what I've read there isn't gonna be a huge difference. Just a slightly faster processor and ram. Hopefully a slightly better camera... As I do use my phone/camera a lot for work.

https://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=12024&idPhone2=11251

But as I had an iPhone laying around depreciating, along with this one it seems like the right thing to do as hopefully I won't be out of pocket...

If I only had this s22 ultra I probably would wait for the S24U....
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
That's fair.
I'm not a fan of the ultras mainly because they are 'notes' and I've always much preferred "s" series.

I know I will end up getting the s23 so long as it has the same uniform bezels (or better) than my s22, better battery,and interesting to see if it will be a Snapdragon chip this year.

I know the changes will be small but I just love that new phone feeling 😅
0 Likes
Wastedagen
Navigator
Options
I agree.. I too suffer from shiny box syndrome... Lol.
The only reason I went for the Ultra was screen size... I just prefer to watch media on a bigger screen. Hardly ever use the S/pen...

My other phone is the Huawei Note 10. That has a modest 6.95" screen.. 😝
Slow as hell now..... But still useable even with Harmony OS...

I may look at the S23+ but I think I'd find it hard to go back down to a 6.6" screen.... Each to there own I guess 👍🏻
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
I have my s21 ultra that I absolutely love and is still a beast of a phone in every way.
It's not so much the size of the new ultras but the design,I'm not a fan of the box/squared design.
Samsung should of kept their "note" series and "s" series separate,that way we could have a true "s" series flagship still.
It feels like fans of the "s" series have been short changed.
Anyway that's just my personal opinion and rant over 😅

0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I won't be upgrading. I upgraded from an S20+ to an S22 Ultra and have had a multitude of problems. A lot of the issues have been improved or resolved via updates leaving a few niddles. This is the first time I have gone for an expensive pre order new model and will be the last. My advice for people is to wait a year or so with new releases as it will make them cheaper and any bugs are more likely to be fixed. I've always liked Samsung phones S series but I think they dropped the ball with the S22 Ultra which angered a lot of users
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Personally never had issues with my s21 ultra and s22 which were both purchased near release date.
I'm by no means saying people such as yourself haven't had issues,but there are also a lot of very happy customers.
It does seem that some people have a bad experience when receiving their new phone,not sure if it's a bad batch or what.
Also this seems to happen with other phone brands as well.
Anyway thank you for your input 🙂