Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22u Vs S21u First impressions // speakers // battery life

(Topic created on: 22-02-2022 08:55 PM)
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
So comparing my S22u to the s21u it seems like the speakers are ever so slightly louder and considerably fully on the s21u 

The S22u are definitely clearer but also a bit more tinier toned down sound. 

I think the s21 sounds significantly better tbh.

Battery life seems to be slightly worse than the s21u first 15 percent vanishes in minutes then settled exactly as it did with the s21u on launch.

Other than that its just a bit under the s21u which is somewhat disappointing. 

The phone also seems to be constantly lukewarm to warm even on basic tasks.

Stutters a bit on UI elements which is a bit disappointed also gets the same bug where the FPS drops at certain moments and its fixed by locking and unlocking which is I guess its the same as s21u which I assume its a one UI issue.

Also the chip CONSIDERABLY underperformed in one of the geek bench tests by a LOT.
This was a fresh test phone wasn't hot to even be thermal throttling...

(REFER TO PREVIOUS POST)

Regarding the screen issues some exynos users have seen I haven't had the issue when using natural mode to test the bug...

Hopefully it's not hardware issue but I count replicate the issue.

Phone was at a 100% playing music while writing this post which took me under 10 minutes and battery is at 92% BIG YIKES.
(WiFi and 1/4 brightness) 

Before tall go on about the learning the usage pattern or whatever. That shouldn't have an effect on battery... Plus if it did affect performance of the battery, then the data gathered would be null... And not an accurate representation of batttery.

So far quite disappointed with this phone it's just another s21u with a different body that performs slightly worse than its predecessor 💀

Hopefully software updates fix issues quickly became the s21 did get better with the updates.

5 REPLIES 5
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
The S21u will get the updates as the S22u. Only real difference I can see on the S22u is S pen slot 🤷 I'm sticking with S21u until S23 comes out
Ferenc75
Helping Hand
Options
100% agreed. Same. I can't see big improvement. Just in zoom. Not a huge deal for me. I'm very happy with my 21U
Members_aiUQERT
Journeyman
Options

have u installed all android updates 

i have none of the issues you have. i got also two s21 ultra which i sold. S22 ultra big improvement 🙂👌🏻

0 Likes
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
Dude afaik there isn't any android updates on the S22u yet...
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
Yeah, I guess Samsung employees need to do more research before posting...
0 Likes