Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra won't update

(Topic created on: 13-11-2023 11:41 PM)
danh17
First Poster
Options
Hi, 
I've been having trouble updating my s22 ultra. The last security update is Oct 2022, oneui is 5.0. I've tried using smartwatch and restoring to factory settings but no luck. 

Friends have a later update on all settings. 

The phone won't boot into safe mode. Lucky to get more than 8 hours pit of the battery 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Samsungs help link on updating is here   @danh17 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-update-latest-software-for-your-galaxy-mobi... 

Once the update is ready for your phone model , serial and build number it would be pushed to it.  

Periodically checking the software update section in your phone settings is best practice and turn on auto update there. 

Try both a Wi-Fi and mobile data connection. 

Sometimes people have found popping in a totally different networks sim card can instigate an update too. 

The only hindrance to receiving updates are if the phone was imported or the network that supplied the phone wants to test the update first. The only uk network that I'm aware of that still follows this is Vodafone Uk. 

Check on sammobile.com when the update became / will become available for your model of phone. 

In regards to battery life have a look in your Device Care Section under Battery to see if any particular app is using your battery more. If so you can check it's permissions and if necessary use sleep and deep sleep options. 

Also it's a known generic troubleshooting step to clear your phone system file cache section which can help in some cases. 

How to do this is explained here > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop or use a Tv's USB Port to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

Take into consideration that a phone's battery will start to lose it's optimum output over time. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "