Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra won't charge with 0% battery

(Topic created on: 28-09-2023 09:57 PM)
Phil121
Student
Options

Since 1 month my S22 Ultra won't charge if it got 0% left in the battery. It only works with the original USB-A to USB-C cable from Huawai. Non of the other USB C cable I got at home work.

But I can use every cable, also the original one, if the battery has at least 1% left - it only doesn't work with 0%.

What can that be? It's pretty annoying, because I can't charge my phone when I'm out, if I haven't a Huawai cable with me.

Hope you can help me.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
That is a very strange one indeed. One thing I will say is try your best not to let your battery get to 0% its very bad for the battery and if done everyday can ruin the battery in no time. As for the cable that is really strange one thing I do know is when my phone has very occasionally ended up with 0% it does take a while to behind charging
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
First thing, never let your battery get that low. It's not good for the battery. When it falls to zero, leave it in charge overnight, it won't respond immediately.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah as @Pugs1957 says.
You need to leave it on charge a while from 0%
But running the battery down like that will damage it
Can you not use one of the power saving modes once it gets to 10%
Really I wouldn't go below 20% personally.
Charging cables have different properties. Some setup to accept high wattage charging.
Others don't. Huawei charge phones very rapidly, so the cable is made for low resistance
Honestly, if you want your battery last. Don't let it run flat
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Don't let the battery get so low, it will damage it in the long term. It's recommended that you shouldn't let it drop below 15%. If you have
the warning low battery notification turned on then it will give you the warning that your battery is running low and gives you the instructions to charge it.
0 Likes
Phil121
Student
Options

Thank you for your answer. I am aware that it isn't recommended to let the battery drop to 0%. However, sometimes it happens, as I don't have a cable with me. Normaly I plug it in with 25-10%, depending on my daily use.

I also first thought that it would start charging after a while pluged in, but I have to say that it doesn't. I tested it one week ago and after 4 hours it still didn't show any reactions.

I think I will get in touch with the samsung support as I still have guarantee.

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yea sounds like a battery issue or maybe something wrong with the USB C port
0 Likes