Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra Reverted back to One UI 4

(Topic created on: 08-09-2022 12:02 AM)
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Having given the UI5 beta a go to see if it fixed the glitches on my phone. I have decided to revert back to UI 4 and wait for the full release

The update didn't resolve the glitches on my phone but did have some notable improvements one of my favourites being the ability to stack widgets as it creates a lot of space on your home screen

The downside is the absence of google pay and rapid battery drain. On other forums for battery drain it highlights a UWB system app as the culprit which is a low level signal scanner running in background which eats batteries

For google pay and some other apps they highlight another system app which isn't yet compatible with UI 5

I expect these will be resolved prior to release of the full version

On restoring my phone to its previous state, the UI 4 ran a software update which up to now has fixed the outlook and other Microsoft apps constantly freezing and crashing, also calls are dropping much less frequently. However the battery is draining more quickly compared with prior to the update

Somme high street banks are withdrawing support for samsung pay so I wanted to use google pay for now

I'd be interested in other people's experiences or opinions? May you have identified fixes
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Daz73r
Helping Hand
Options
Smart switch will downgrade it on PC
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Thank you I did it via Smart Switch
0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Which highstreet banks are withdrawing from Samsung Pay?
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's the very nature of a Beta software @PaulC59 

Banking apps may not work as well as Samsung Pay and Google Pay.

Beta software can be unstable through it's different stages causing battery drain and other glitches.

This is why I advise not to put this onto your daily driver i.e main phone.

Have a look in your Battery and Device Care to see what's using your battery.

And try > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

@StuartR  I haven't seen anything about Banks withdrawing support for Samsung Pay.

@PaulC59  please link to your source about Samsung Pay.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

jimmyk87
Voyager
Options
Ultra wide band can be turned off in connection settings
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Halifax have already stopped, I'm not sure of which others it's just what they told me when I was having problems with contactless payments. They said most banks are focusing on Apple Pay and Google Pay I'm presuming its a cost issue. Some users have said curve will still work though with some machines that don't work with samsung pay. I'll try using curve when I get a chance
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Thank you fir this. I agree it was a risk running beta on my main phone, it will be a good OS when its ironed out. It's what the halifax banks customer support told me on the phone, they didn't even know in the branches where I visited as its currently in process. I can confirm its true with the Halifax as I just tried to add my new debit card to samsung pay and it told me its not supported by my bank and to try pay+ or curve. I checked on the nationwide bs website and it only says can be used with Google and apple but I haven't tried to add that card yet but my suspicion is its something that's currently in progress, it could be a case of current installed cards may work but will stop when new cards are added
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I'll have a look but I think you have to be careful switching off system apps as it can affect other apps that need it. I recently had constant issues with Outlook and other Microsoft apps freezing and crashing, which has stopped happening after the latest update so its quite possible it could be the UWB that fixed it. Outlook is my main use for the phone so I would be nervous about turning it off in case it started messing up again.
0 Likes
jimmyk87
Voyager
Options
I've turned off UWB and use outlook for work emails, it's even working flawlessly for me since the start of the beta