Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra new user 3 hours screen on time?

(Topic created on: 06-11-2022 04:44 PM)
AlexH1987
Explorer
Options
Hey everyone. Just picked up the S22 Ultra 1 week ago.  I know much has been said about the battery life but I have monitoring it all week, starting the day at 100% charge and using it for basic web browsing, looking at social media, playing music on my headphones but I never can get over 4 hours screen on time.
Is this normal?
12 REPLIES 12
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@AlexH1987 Hello, the first days of phone use, the AI/artificial intelligence of your phone/ is studying the user's usage patterns and the battery life is usually lower. After this time, the performance improves remarkably. Greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

AlexH1987
Explorer
Options
Thanks for this. I really hope so. I'm not using the device heavily at all but am sticking with it hoping it will improve
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I had EXACTLY the same issue when running in my S21 Ultra some 20 months ago now @AlexH1987, and indeed so many people appear on this forum worrying about this when their phones are new and still learning the owners usage pattern. My phone would only get about 4 hours screen time when new and would heat up wildly when I just switched the camera on. Within a couple of weeks it all started settling down quite dramatically and now today the phone regularly gives me @10 hours screen time in normal use and I can use the camera for a typical hours photoshoot of pictures and 4K 60 video recording and it barely gets warm. Let me say though that my screen time drops when actually recording video and taking pictures and then editing them both intensively as you would expect to around 6 hours at worst. Hope I have reassured you somewhat Alex and that you really enjoy your phone, especially when it is fully optimized and sorted. 👍
IndiW
Hotshot
Options

This 👇👇 is my average phone use time.. According to my own phone's assessment

My phone is S 22 Ultra and got it in August

I don't pay much attention to the battery however I charge it 5 to 6 times a day, not because the battery is dead.. But generally there is always a charger near by

There is an outdated belief that regular charging can damage the battery.. In relation to that...

1 I don't care at all at all at all, even if it die tomorrow morning I don't care,
its just an object in my life.. Not a human

2 I normally replace the phone once a year... So I don't care

3 The modern batteries are Lithium-ion batteries and they looooooove power and charging

However however however.. This was the first Android and Samsung.. This will be my last Android and Samsung... Never again a Samsung and that's 50000% sureScreenshot_20221106_090644_Digital Wellbeing_1000002522_1667725604.jpg
AlexH1987
Explorer
Options
Thanks Babishko I really appreciate this and the peace of mind. I'm coming from being a long term Huawei user and I had took me all year trying to decide my next phone investment so it's been worrying me looking at the low SOT but a few people are saying similar to yourself to so that's nice to know
AlexH1987
Explorer
Options
So your not having a great experience with your s22?
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
An experience be great.. In my opinion it needs positive memories.. With my ultra..

What works today, don't work tomorrow

If want use the phone coming from bit of cold, fingerprint doesn't work..

I can carry on and on.. But hay life is short.. Its much easier not to repeat my poor decision again rather than correcting S22 Ultra
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@AlexH1987  Within time you should notice a difference  as others have explained.  However generally it best to only have connections running such as Wifi/Bluetooth/NFC  when needed, Bixby Routines can be very beneficial in setting schedules.  https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-set-a-bixby-routine-on-your-samsung-phone/ 

Some other optimisation tips here  https://www.esrgear.com/blog/10-fixes-to-solve-samsung-galaxy-s22-ultra-battery-draining-fast/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
SOT depends on various things like apps used, screen brightness, always ON location permissions etc.

If you are still having less then 5 hours SOT after week two maybe consider posting your SOT screenshot along with the apps used.

It could be possible some app is draining your battery and it could be mostly a location based one.

Just for a test try streaming videos on say YouTube or Netflix at home on wifi and see how much SOT you get.

My best was 11 hours SOT.

With gaming like COD mobile and stuff I get 5 hours or less depending how much I play.

With a mixture of gaming and other stuff you should ideally average around 5 -7 hours SOT.