Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra 10x telephoto issues?

(Topic created on: 12-03-2023 03:17 PM)
Dave123456789
Navigator
Options
Anyone else noticed a issue with the 10x telephoto lense not focusing after the oneui 5.1 update? Even in expert raw it's really struggling! 
3 REPLIES 3
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I used to have this problem occasionally on my old S21 Ultra Dave. The only way I could resolve it was by switching the camera to video and then select the 10x lens there. For some reason this would focus well. Then I simply put the camera back into photo mode and re-selected 10x mode again. This time I would have no problems here and the lens would work fine. A peculiar problem, and I hope this tip works for you until an update fixes it permanently. Good luck. 👍
Members_KnkOulp
First Poster
Options

Been having this issue recently and here's what I've figured out:

The problem with the ST lens appears to occur when you're trying to use it with the phone in landscape mode with the power button facing upwards, and the focus value goes over 0.8. If this happens, ST lens refuses to work going forward.

I'm managing to reproduce this behaviour consistently in PRO mode. To fix it all I do is flip the phone back intro portrait, or landscape mode with the power button facing downwards, and the ST lens works fine again and can focus no problem. Flip it back to landscape mode with the power button facing upwards and if you put the focus manually over 0.8, or if the focus is set to auto and decideds to focus on something very far away, it breaks again. 

I don't know if this is a Software or Hardware Defect but I will be raising a support request with samsung over this since it's not accetable for the camera un such an expensive device to be behaving like this.

0 Likes
NerdyWay
Journeyman
Options

Did you get a response from Samsung?  I'm curious about Samsungs commitment to software maintenance and updates.  

0 Likes