Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22+ shutting down when charging

(Topic created on: 12-01-2023 10:03 PM)
Ken D
First Poster
Options

I have a Galaxy S22+ (has most recent update) that is shutting off completely when connected to a Samsung charger with a Samsung cable (both new). When it shuts down it will not boot up. It gets to the Samsung splash screen, but never gets to the T-Mobile splash screen - it simply shuts off again. When I remove it from the charger, it boots up fine

This has been happening for a few weeks - and continued even after receiving the software update yesterday. This also happened when connected to a different charger (Apple USBC iPad Pro charger) and with different cables. It appears to be a problem with the phone. 

It is also a recent problem in that for many months my phone charged fine and only is a problem in the last few weeks. 

It means that when I charge it overnight, my phone is offline. Any pointers or help in getting a bug officially filed to get into a future firmware upgrade is appreciated. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Contact Samsung support and let them deal with it 

0 Likes
JulieGo
First Poster
Options

Mine has just started doing this when I recharge. I never leave it to charge when I'm not in the room, or overnight, but it seems to turn off some time during the process. It boots up again as soon as I hit the button to activate the screen. I've not been happy with this model as it shut down after a few weeks & had to be returned for a factory reset. Never had a problem with my previous Samsung Galaxies but am unimpressed with this model.

0 Likes