Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 screen

(Topic created on: 15-08-2022 07:29 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Hi guys, iv just been quoted  just over 500quid to have a new screen fitted to my Samsung s22. Wow I nearly dropped dead on the spot! How and why does it cost 10times more than any other fone to replace a screen!  I'm so disappointed with the price I got quoted it now means the fone is now just an ornament as who wants to pay that when I can buy a fone for that price brand new and a Samsung at that!  Any and all answers are welcome.  Ty guys  Samsung lover 

8 REPLIES 8
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, a bit more information would help in my suggestions, who quoted the £500 price tag samsung or a third party store?
That's definitely way to high for a replacement screen.
EB_1
Apprentice
Options
Go to multiple shops to see what their prices are
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Anonymous User pity your  screen was damaged.    Whilst the S22 is a premium smartphone £500 definitely seems excessive.   Noticed on Samsung's site replacement of S22 Ultra screen quoted at around £259.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
It was the cex shop . Money grabbing c***. Im checking out all the small outlet shops as they are usually good. I got 1 for an old s10 for 60 quid n sold it for 180 the nxt day so I'm not giving up hope yet. . There are 2 small cracks both right side top n bottom so it still switches on but the picture can be a bit iffy at times. Works when it wants to lol. . Thanks for the input guys
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Curved screens are more expensive unfortunately @Anonymous User 

Even the flat one's for the Samsung s²² series are too.

I would certainly suggest to go to a Samsung Service Centre so you have a genuine screen fitted , the water rating and dust rating maintained and the warranty not voided.

Then I'd sugg3st a good case and screen protector suchbas the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Nealyblue
Journeyman
Options
Wefix co.uk authorised repairer £210 for a new screen with free battery replacement and they come to you 😁
carguy143
Navigator
Options
Samsung also come to you. I'd rather get them to repair the phone if I was keen on keeping the phone water resistant and looking good.
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Samsung charge £189 for a screen replacement for the standard s22
0 Likes