Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 running hot

(Topic created on: 22-04-2022 07:56 AM)
MrsWater
Apprentice
Options

I have an S22 which I like.  However if there is an alert such as a new text showing on the lock screen when I go to the phone it is very hot.  Once the alert has been cleared then the phone cools down.  Have been monitoring this over a few days and it is only hot when there is a new alert.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
XxRayxX
Pioneer
Options
Could be a few things 3rd party app causing it apps running in back ground network trying to gain signal but can not.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @MrsWater 

The phone will warm.up when it's processing etc but shouldn't be too hot to hold.

Please consider the following  >

1. Https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files. 

You can also go into the individual app via Settings, Apps, Choose App, Storage,  Clear Cache.

2. Https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

3. As a very last resort back up and factory reset.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes