Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work profile widgets unavailable yet calendar still there

(Topic created on: 29-02-2024 10:55 AM)
Martin Mitchell
Student
Options

Hi, 

Suddenly, overnight, my Gmail work profile widget just disappeared, and work profile widgets seem not to be available at all any more.

Yet, my work profile calendar widget is still on my home screen!

There was also no update, I've been running Android 14, One UI 6.0, on my S22+ for a while now. Last night the widdget was there, today it's not, and I don't see a way to bring it back.

It's a very serious issue for me as glancing at my work inbox on my homescreen is (unsurprisingly) a crucial feature, not just for me I'm sure.

What the hell Samsung?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I use InTune which runs in the work profile, nothing work related will work or function outside this, as that is the key feature, to keep it separate and secure and your employer has limited access to personal info.

Profile logic is set by your Company IT Admin.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Martin Mitchell
Student
Options

Thanks, but

a) it worked until last night (both work Calendar widget & work Gmail widget), and work Calendar widget still works (even has the blue icon in the corner, see screenshot),

MartinMitchell_0-1709226440192.jpeg

b) I am the Company IT Admin (i.e. it's my company & my work profile) so please explain how I can set this.

Thanks

0 Likes
Michael Guez
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately I have no answer but some observations that might help someone else answer this question.  I too have both a work and a personal profile.  I am running almost the same set-up on my S8 tablet that I am running on my S22 Ultra.  I use Outlook for my work email, and gmail for my personal.  I have widgets set up for both accounts.  Both devices are using the same Intune policy.  

Recently, the gmail widget on my phone "disappears".  The Outlook account is fine.  The widget is stable (I should clarify that this Outlook widget also comes from Google Play via my personal account.  Intune is set up in this case will allow other apps to access company data).  This does not happen on the tablet.  But here is the real clue: I don't think the widget was deleted.  I believe that I simply can't see it.  When I try to drop another widget on that screen, it tells me that I don't have enough room, even though the screen appears to be empty.  So actually, I have to delete the screen to start over again with a new widget.  Then, the new widget also disappears in less than 24 hours.  There is likely some kind of trigger even, but I have not been able to decipher that.  So, the questions are: what would hide a widget like that?  And why only the gmail widget? 

I can't say for certain that this has anything to do with Intune or the profile accounts.  You would tend to think so, but then again: Gmail is not trying to access any of my work data in this case.  

Hopefully this helps someone.  

0 Likes
Michael Guez
First Poster
Options

To further confirm the idea that the widget is still there:

I deleted the screen in question.  I started a new screen and I added the Gmail widget.  Then I rebooted the device to see if I lost the widget on reboot.  It was still there AND I had a second widget now on my home screen.  I don't know where that came from.  

0 Likes