Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 phone sleeping when on call

(Topic created on: 13-01-2023 09:59 PM)
Owlman
Journeyman
Options
Hi
I have a Samsung S22, my problem is when I am on a call my screen shuts down, the only way to wake it up is to press side button. 
Can anyone help please. 
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Rob99
Voyager
Options
That's the way it's designed, I don't think you can change it.
0 Likes
Owlman
Journeyman
Options
It's strange because my wife has the S22 and when on a call it doesn't shut down, my phone even on speaker just shuts down, all previous Samsung phones never did this??
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You mean turns off not shutsdown

My screen turns off when I am on a call but wakes up when I move away from face to end the call
Owlman
Journeyman
Options
That's correct it sleeps, even if I tap screen it doesn't wake up??
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Does it wake if you double tap the screen? You may have double tap to wake on. It's what I have it set to, my phone screen also shuts off when on call. But if I double tap it will wake.
0 Likes
Owlman
Journeyman
Options
Appreciate your response, when I double tap it does not wake up, only way is to press side button??
Even when I'm on speaker the screen shuts off and doesn't wake up by tapping??
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
If you go to settings - Advanced Features - Motion and Gestures. There you can have double tap to wake or keep screen on while viewing. Choose the best one to keep the screen on while in a call. You also have lift to wake option. Screenshot_20230114_083339_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Owlman
Journeyman
Options
Hi Fiona
Thank you for your suggestions, however the settings are all on, it's a nightmare!! Screenshot_20230114_095801_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Owlman
Journeyman
Options
Also if I turn off screen using side button I cannot wake screen by double tapping, all I can do is unlock with finger print, that infact is very faint to see??
0 Likes