Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 laggy keyboard?

(Topic created on: 22-02-2022 05:36 PM)
Rin_
Explorer
Options
Anyone else feel that the Exynos S22 ultra has a laggy feeling typing experience in comparison to the S21 ultra? It's like the phone feels older. Hopefully we'll get a "day 1" update this Friday for optimisation. I use Gboard but have the same lagginess with the stock keyboard.

Cheers guys
28 REPLIES 28
Archangel-93
Apprentice
Options

Mine was a similar problem, it wouldn't type right off, had to wait a second then type, it seemed to be because of the overlay of the chat heads, as soon as I turned them off I stopped having that problem

K4Y0
Pioneer
Options

My keypad freezes when I write a few sentences on message, WhatsApp etc. and it will either freeze up or crash and then i have to write again.  

K4Y0
Pioneer
Options

Which chat heads did you turn off? 

Did you go to Apps > Special access > Appear on top ?

0 Likes
Archangel-93
Apprentice
Options

You may be able to turn that one of too, but the one that I was having issues with was Facebook messengers chatheads

K4Y0
Pioneer
Options

Thanks.

Will give this a try and see if that works.

0 Likes
Members_KRELbNS
First Poster
Options

Yes I have the same issue! Drives me crazy!
Has anyone found a solution yet?

0 Likes
Sten7981
Explorer
Options

I am using the standard S22, the Samsung Keyboard does feel a little laggy compared to my older S10. I tried the Google Keyboard, it is much smoother, but I am not so keen on the layout. So I think it's the Samsung Keyboard

0 Likes
Paul Goz
Student
Options

I have only had my s22 ultra a day and can't be doing with the lag in texting or using the keyboard.

I have gone into settings, turned off the magnification and hey presto, my keyboard is 10 times quicker. fell upon this fix for me as I was sick of the magnification box popping on everytime I pressed a key on my keyboard quickly.If your having the same issues, try turning off magnification,.

settings, accessibility, visibility enhancements, magnification, turn off. 

hope this helps somebody else out

0 Likes
Rin_
Explorer
Options
I got excited when reading this but it appears to be off by default? Isn't it something for people with bad eyesight?
Or do you mean you turned off the pop up animation when you press each key?
0 Likes
DanielCJL
First Poster
Options

If anyone is still experiencing a slow keyboard try going to Setting/ accessibility/ Recommended for you.

Turn off all the things in there you don't need (which is pretty much all of them).

My keyboard went from grandma in a walking frame to Michael Bolt!!!

0 Likes