Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 is a BIG downgrade from S20! Battery lasts less than 4 hours --- phone is 48 hours old and useless

(Topic created on: 12-05-2022 09:53 PM)
jenkyl
First Poster
Options

Wish i never "downgraded" from my S20. This phone is pointless and reminds me of phones from 20+ years ago where a phone call could kill your battery.

My first samsung was the first released, looks like the S22 Ultra will be the last I ever own.

This phone is a scam to sell battery packs. This is obvious when they were 2 cheap to include an appropriate charger for the phone to gouge even more.

This will certainly be the last samsung product I will ever have the displeasure of owning. 

11 REPLIES 11
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
I have S21U and I can confirm battery life isn't Samsung's strong point. Hopefully they can find a way to make efficient chips, bigger batteries and more efficient software.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My S22 Ultra does at least a full day with some spare. On lite days the battery will do 2 days.
Now battery usage is subjective and is totally dependent on how you use the phone and what you have loaded as in apps, themes etc.

If you've only had it 48 hours.
Samsung phones have a battery conditioning cycle that can last anything from a week to 2 weeks until the required charge and discharge cycles are done.
This will make the battery inconsistent during this time.
If your battery is that poor, its possible you may need to clear your phones Partition Cache. Setting up the phone can introduce issues that effect the phone. Especially if you have used SmartSwitch.
I'd advise clearing the Partition Cache anyway as this will remove unnecessary corrupted data and cookies from the device
Brian007
Navigator
Options
I get all day out of mine. Sounds like your phone's faulty.
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I am quite a heavy user but not a gamer and get about 18 hours out of mine
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Some great advice here and personal opinions and user experiences with there phone's @jenkyl 

I echo most of what has been said and I too achieve easily a days usage on my Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb [Exynos] with some change left in the battery.

I also find that a Samsung phone's battery can / will deplete pretty fast from 100% to around 75/80% and then stabilises.

Do please let us know how you get on with your phone if you decide to keep it after any relevant cooling off period has passed.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I get over 2 days
Alfsdad
Voyager
Options
I have S22 I only charge once per 24 hours or so.
0 Likes
ljheaven
First Poster
Options
I have an s22 ultra and it's battery life is on par with the s20 ultra and s21 ultra and that's with everything turnt on including adaptive smoothness turnt on and WQHD+ ...so all in all I think the battery's doing a lot better ... I suggest that you wait a week to let the battery optimise itself as mine was also appalling for the 1st week but now its easily doing 2 days under medium to high usage... a word of advice , don't use a wireless charger, charge your phone up via cable only as I've destroyed many a phones battery in the past while using wireless chargers so I've learnt my lesson on that one
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
I have the base model s22...........I use it for everything apart from gaming.
I easily get over a day with mine 😊👌Screenshot_20220512-120117_Device care.jpg
0 Likes