Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 image processing fix needed

(Topic created on: 22-06-2022 11:10 AM)
madaload
Explorer
Options

It seems the posts about horrendous picture quality get quickly buried in this forum and Samsung are impossible to talk to.

Here is one example picture I took of a colleague from about 1 meter distance. He has a skin condition, but in the picture his skin appears spotless and notice his beard. It looks like it has been added using a brush. This is at ISO 160!!! That picture should be as sharp and natural as reality:

20220620_170422.jpg

 Here's the original because the one posted here has been reduced to useless: https://prnt.sc/k-et3iDsd8f0

22 REPLIES 22
madaload
Explorer
Options
  1. Got the July update. No picture processing fix. Same old weirdly amateurishly sharpened parts and/or smudges plus all natural detail removed and then reinvented by AI. Looks like Samsung AI has the IQ of a 5 years old left unattended playing with Photoshop. This phone would have been the schiznit inthe 80's. The pictures look like the best still images of VHS in the world! Well done, Samsung!

That's sarcasm in case you think it's genuine praise. Maybe you should motivate your QA people with something better than fear, because there's no way they let pass the current image processing if they weren't afraid to tell the truth that it sucks.
Shawsey49
Pathfinder
Options
Totally agree with you I wish I had not purchased the s22 .
0 Likes
Foreverteachable
Apprentice
Options

I found that the S8 that I traded in to get the S22 Ultra took way better photos. My friend has the regular s22 and we compared side by side since we have had Galaxies for over a decade and gone on many trips together. The photos we take have always impressed us both. Lately I have found that the photos he has  taken are so much better. Even better than the S10 he had. We noticed the difference especially when I enlarged them on the phone to see details. The S22 Ultra, ultra-pixelates the photos. I have had to send the phone back once since night mode was not working. I also am in the process of sending it in because the GPS and voice text don't work. Both phones were in their first months of use. ATT changed my grandfathered plan over when I switched. I may switch back to Apple.

0 Likes