I have a Galaxy S22 and I recently purchased a type C memory stick. When I attach it to the phone, the phone sends me a notification "Charging connected device via USB (Tap for other USB options)."
As this is just a USB stick, it has no battery, and doesn't need charging (and in fact, can't charge). Normally, I wouldn't think much of this, but the USB stick is noticeably warm to the touch after only a couple of minutes. I am concerned that my phone is trying to force power into an object that is not a battery, and might damage it with the heat.
Is this normal? Am I worrying over nothing?