Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Camera

(Topic created on: 06-01-2024 01:52 AM)
Members_fXAXG6E
First Poster
Options

The camera on my S22 has turned terrible it was really good when I first got it then a few updates in its awful, all my photos are pixelated and blurry, extremely disappointed as this is why I got the phone. Any suggestions that might help I have spoken to a friend with the same phone and she said hers is the same. 

8 REPLIES 8
Sdumo
First Poster
Options

I just came on here to see if anyone was having the same issues. Mine was amazing when I got and now its terrible. I was reading some things and a few are saying it has to do with a recent update. I hope it gets fixed because I bought this phone for the camera

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yes on the s22 series it seems the software is causing a problem , fingers crossed it will be sorted on the January update.
0 Likes
LisaRenee
Apprentice
Options

Same here! I got the phone a year ago when it first came out and the camera worked properly for maybe a day. It works when zoomed way out or waaaay in. Otherwise, it looks like an old VHS tape with bad tracking and it won't scan things like QR codes. Samsung said to reset it and update it. I did everything possible, but nothing worked and I always keep my phone updated. I waited for new updates and tried to get help through the phone company that I bought it through but now my warranty is up with them. I took it to a phone repair place and they said the 2 of the cameras have to be replaced for $100 bucks each. 

Ferenc75
Troubleshooter
Options
After every software update, the clear cache partition recovery process highly recommended...
0 Likes
sparkywatts
First Poster
Options
My camera has lost its 100x zoom, and the quality is really poor after theast update, might as well have an iPhone at this rate
0 Likes
David_BE
First Poster
Options

I had a Honor View 10 before my S22 (exynos) and the camera is underwhelming on the Samsung. Close-up macro's are unsharp, in 50Mp, in 12Mp with or without zoom... The 5 year old Honor has no issues with such photos, always crisp and sharp. The only thing the Samsung S22 is better in is that it's a bit more light sensitive but if the pictures are overworked by the processor and blurry, it really doesn't matter.

It's a shame of my money, probably the last Samsung I ever buy and they better get this camera problem fixed.

0 Likes
Wolfin69
First Poster
Options

Is anyone here still having the problems? I´m having them too, but only in wide angle mode, all the other cameras are fine. The wide angle lense has been replaced too, but it´s still blurry...

0 Likes
blackbugi
First Poster
Options

Yap, since 6.0 update, specially february updates main camera is a lot worse. Blurry , focus only on centar of the frame, night mode and video are worse. Better photos on ultra wide camera than on main camera.

0 Likes