Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reboot cycle !

(Topic created on: 19-04-2024 12:26 AM)
ibizavet
Journeyman
Options
Why an earth does my phone keep rebooting and sometimes won't leave the reboot mode? This has started following doing an update! 
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

What update? Did you try any troubleshooting? 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@ibizavet  Have you tried any of these steps:

Firstly check the Diagnostics in  Samsung Members to see if anything is highlighted.  An idea to try in Safe Mode if third party apps or themes have been downloaded  as sometimes there can be a conflict.  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

Clearing the cache partition can help in this situation and it is advisable to perform this task after updates.  Some temporary cache files can become outmoded or in some cases corrupt.  Your Data is intact in comparison to Factory Reset(where you need to ensure your Data is backed up)

Follow these steps:|

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or  orther Device,Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

can also Repair Apps from the same Recovery Menu.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Tadey
Apprentice
Options

I saw in many topics with this replay. It doesn't work. Also full wipe doesn't work... This update is major problem for us users. It affects lots of people!

Some one from Samsung should look into it and quick. My S22U is also my work phone and cannot be without it. 

Its really random. Yesterday was working almost whole day... Till around 18hrs. Than started to have reboot problems. Mostly when wifi connects it restarts.  

Battery drain is crazy... Unplugged at 5.30 (85%) and till 8 it only has 50% left...

ibizavet
Journeyman
Options
Yes I've tried all the steps above, in safe mode clear cache , factory reset etc.
ibizavet
Journeyman
Options
Tried these steps buddy. They haven't worked 😞
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The troubleshooting does work for some customers, obviously though these steps and Factory Reset has not made a difference for others though.  If you have not done so already I suggest you send an Error Report via Samsung Members, Samsung Members-Support-Send Feedback-Error Reports. There may be a general fix at some point.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Tadey
Apprentice
Options

I'm sending them reports about 3-10 per hour... Now it crashes randomly... Turned off wifi and bluetooth now hope ill be able to copy my data and take phone to service... Perhaps they can roll back update or something.

Solution
ibizavet
Journeyman
Options
I sent my phone to samsung as these steps didn't work and all phones have 2 years warranty. The motherboard was replaced and it was flashed with some kind of update- it's now fine.
ibizavet
Journeyman
Options
Send your phone for repair via samsung dude