Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random restart of device

(Topic created on: 28-11-2022 04:02 PM)
Chomerly
Apprentice
Options
My S22 Ultra is randomly restarting and I have no idea why.

This is the third time inside of 10 days my device has done this, with the latest being just minutes prior to typing this. It did a couple of days ago while I was driving. My phone was sitting on the centre console and I noticed that my phone lit up with the Samsung logo that appears when the device is starting up. It was not being used in any capacity in relation to my driving and nor was it being used to stream any music. I have sent the logs as prompted when opening the Samsung Members app.

Is this an issue with the latest firmware update?

2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Not as far as I'm aware @Chomerly 

Try Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

This may help.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Chomerly
Apprentice
Options
I do have a maintenance app on my phone already and I do perform routine clean-ups on a bi-monthly basis. It's strange because as I said in my post, the previous time this happened before today, the phone was just sitting there untouched and not running anything and the device restarted.

It is a strange one.
0 Likes