Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI crashing on S22 ultra

(Topic created on: 11-03-2022 11:43 AM)
AndrewJ95
Explorer
Options
I have had my S22 ultra for almost 4 weeks now, but I'm having occasional issues with One UI. More specifically, when I unlock my phone the lock screen freezes, making the phone unresponsive, including the power button. After about a minute or so, the screen goes black before saying that One UI crashed. Once it's crashed, it relaunches itself and everything works fine for a while, but it is extremely annoying when it freezes and there is nothing I can do but wait for it to hopefully fix itself.

I have got the latest software (including the March security patch), but it is still occuring every now and then. I can't recall ever having this happen with my S10 Plus so it is not giving me a positive experience with Samsung's new 'flagship'.

Has anyone else experienced this with the S22 Ultra, and if so, have you managed to fix it?
70 REPLIES 70
Room511
First Poster
Options

I'm on the T-Mobile varient and after I restart my device I get a black screen. Edge panel and notification pull down open and close but still black on home screen. After a few seconds an error message pops up and it says "One UI has crashed. Close app or wait. I hit close app and my home screen comes back again. I just checked if there was a firmware update. There wasn't. I'm still on March patch. 

0 Likes
AndrewJ95
Explorer
Options
Can't say I've had that specific issue myself, but I don't tend to restart my phone often. Hopefully when you get the April security patch it'll fix it, because I know there will be a lot of frustrated people if it isn't.
0 Likes
Members_DL9ctbu
Student
Options

Same issue for me. Phone freeze for one minute totally unresponsive and then one UI crash message and then phone restart...

0 Likes
Beef_Stockholm
Pioneer
Options

Have you installed the April patch?

0 Likes
JoeDennis
Apprentice
Options

Just downloading the April patch now, been having this issue since I purchased the phone 2 weeks ago. Spoke to Samsung support and tried various things to fix, no joy. They weren't aware this was a widespread issue....but I'm hoping it's been factored into the new update.  If not, it's going back to Vodafone to be swapped out.

0 Likes
AndrewJ95
Explorer
Options
Sorry you've had the issue too. I don't want to jinx it, but since downloading the April security update yesterday morning, I've not ran into this issue again yet, and the audio to video lag I was experiencing is also fixed. Hopefully they'll iron out the plethora of other bugs and issues and win back the customers.
0 Likes
Beef_Stockholm
Pioneer
Options

I can concur now that it's gone a few days since I installed it (31st March), I've not had the issue and audio sync seems ok too. 🤞

0 Likes
Outsider911
Student
Options

Same over here, exynos version btw, plus GPS problems 

0 Likes
braddman
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. It crashes in landscape mode but not in portrait. So frustrating. I'm tmobile March security version. There is no update available.

0 Likes
Members_u1jaAB8
First Poster
Options

I'm still experiencing this issue - will send a bug report the next time it happens. This should be a high priority bug to fix as it seriously affects UX.

0 Likes