Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One ui 6 laggy

(Topic created on: 30-11-2023 01:55 PM)
Whattttt
Pathfinder
Options
After updating to one ui 6 i noticed alot of lag. The animations are laggy scrolling through settings is laggy. Anyone know how to fix that. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Whattttt  It is advisable to clear the cache partition after updates, this deletes temporary cache files but keeps Data intact and can help with lags/freezes.  Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Can also Repair apps from the same Recovery Menu.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

View solution in context

20 REPLIES 20
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Whattttt  It is advisable to clear the cache partition after updates, this deletes temporary cache files but keeps Data intact and can help with lags/freezes.  Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Can also Repair apps from the same Recovery Menu.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

RuthlessAfro24
Voyager
Options
Samsung did release an update in the Samsung store for one ui that does detail its ment to fix lagging check to see if you got that update
0 Likes
RuthlessAfro24
Voyager
Options
This1701388154291_1701388154278_0.jpg
Whattttt
Pathfinder
Options
Yh i did that but its still abit laggy. Way worse than one ui 5.1
Slion
Student
Options

Same issue here. It's very noticeable on apps with complex UI with a lot of views and animations.

Ok the issue seems to impact only applications built in debug mode. Same application release build works just fine, fast and smooth. Debug variant of that application is running way slower than before though. I think it's fair to say that something in One UI 6 impacts debug application performance very noticeably. That's on Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra.

Jk40
Student
Options

Mine is also super laggy! Sometimes it freezes so bad it restarts itself! And I've done the clear partition cache but still slow.

Smilex
Student
Options

Did not work is there a way to delete the update 

0 Likes
Smilex
Student
Options

Very bad I honestly can't even use what's app please fix this on s22

jucedslut
Apprentice
Options

Same here it's ridiculous. Destroyed my S21U. Never had this issue before. Random stutters/freezes/lags/app crashes/phone freezes.

0 Likes