Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

No location information on S22 photos

(Topic created on: 22-10-2023 07:37 AM)
Rafaldrafas
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I recently noticed that since ~december 2022, the photos I capture with my Galaxy S22 are not storing location data. I checked and double checked all settings, but they still don't have it.

Other apps can pinpoint my GPS position without any issue.

I added to this post screenshots of my settings and an example of a pic without location info. 

Do you have any idea what could be blocking location tagging and how can I solve it? 

Thanks and have a great day 

Screenshot_20231022_082419_Camera.jpg

Screenshot_20231022_082433_Camera.jpg

Screenshot_20231022_082454_Permission controller.jpg

Screenshot_20231022_082953_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231022_082958_Gallery.jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Rafaldrafas
Journeyman
Options

My theory is that I was too hawkish with privacy settings. And even if I allowed gallery and camera to access my location, I probably disabled it for one of the million bloatware apps that Samsung forces you to have on the phone (and for some reason, is crucial for location tagging...)

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Do you have gps on? It doesn't do it on its own and must be on all the time
0 Likes
Rafaldrafas
Journeyman
Options

Everything is on. I always share my location with my wife with Google maps and it has never failed. 

I gave up btw. Resetting the phone to factory settings did the trick (I had been navigating settings for a few weeks now and I didn't manage, so I took the nuclear option...)

0 Likes
evix0
First Poster
Options

I recently went looking for location data on my photos and found that it stopped tracking after Nov 2022, too. Very interesting to find that I am not the only one. S20 here. 

Solution
Rafaldrafas
Journeyman
Options

My theory is that I was too hawkish with privacy settings. And even if I allowed gallery and camera to access my location, I probably disabled it for one of the million bloatware apps that Samsung forces you to have on the phone (and for some reason, is crucial for location tagging...)

0 Likes
RAJ 1990
First Poster
Options

Sir , I have same issue,, is there any way to make this happen??

0 Likes
Rafaldrafas
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately no. I had to reset to factory settings.

There are a few troubleshooting things you could try. Like verifying that your gps works, that your camera app and gallery have location permissions activated and that location tags are activated on camera settings.

If nothing works, nuke the phone to factory settings and pray it works... Sorry, I have nothing else I can help you with.

0 Likes