Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moisture in usb port

(Topic created on: 25-01-2024 10:20 AM)
sj90
Student
Options
Has anyone had any issues after the new software update. Every time i plug in my charger it has an error message there is nothing in my port I've tried doing everything they say but nothing has worked, it's been doing this for the past four days and done a battery check that has all passed. I have also tried other plugs and leads. Has anyone else had this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
Haytch
Helping Hand
Options
This has happened to me in the past also. Even my charging port stopped working or didn't get recognised and it was after an update. Let Samsung know
sj90
Student
Options
I have messaged them today as im at the end of my teath with it now. I just said to my friend about it and her partner has the same phone on the same network and he's having the same issue aswell.
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Try blowing out, use straw, the charger port. There is likely some fluff there

jonathaneuk
Navigator
Options
Software issue does not cause this. There is something detected on the pins of the port. Wether it be dirt or slight corrosion from moisture.

It can try to be cleaned using some 99% alcohol cleaner or contact cleaner and wipe with a cocktail stick with some tissue or so on the end.

If this does not work then the port will need replacing. If under warranty get it booked in for a engineer to sort :smiling-face:
2853rob
First Poster
Options
I have had the same issue since the new software update as well I have an a54
0 Likes