Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moisture detected AND usb connector disconnected

(Topic created on: 10-09-2023 08:57 AM)
asoul
Student
Options
Hi I'm having trouble with both of these alerts on s22.
My phone has never been in contact with moisture. I have deleted usb cache, cleaned port, restarted phone etc but both of these are constantly flashing off and on on my phone.
Only thing I've managed to do is put alerts on silence so they don't keep me awake all night.
I'm wirelssly charging and weirdly enough despite these alerts my phone is charging ok. Its more annoying than anything else but I want to sort it as I want to get rid of this phone but will get a reduced value with this issue. This is the 3rd Samsung I've had this issue with so looking for non Samsung next time.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
My Old Note 9 still has this problem some three years after it first occurred @asoul. I only use it as an emergency back up device today. Like your phone it will only charge wirelessly. I tried every reset and remedy out there on the phone, but I was told by my network provider that a replacement USB port was needed. My contract on the phone had expired a month before and I had moved on to an S21 Ultra, so any repair would have come out of my pocket. I decided to leave my Note 9 as it was, in the hope that a future software update would remedy the problem. Sadly it never did.
If your phone has any warranty left on it I would recommend you at least consider a repair, especially if you plan to use it as a trade in against a new device. In the meantime I hope that your phone can be rescued by a software update unlike my Note 9. Good luck to you. 👍
asoul
Student
Options
Thank you @Babishko my phone is JUST out of warranty which is typical. I think I've just about had enough of this issue with Samsung and will probably take the hit and get a reduced price and swap for a different make.
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I hope you have more luck with your next device @asoul regardless of whatever make you do go for.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I personally had this issue on my S21 ultra when I went to India on holiday in the monsoons and the whole time I was there I had the issue you described.
Tried the whole shebang of things and found I could still wirelessly charge it.

So had to slow wireless charge the whole 4 week's holiday while I was there.

Came back to the UK and miraculously it started to charge again via cable.
This was last year and no issues since.

All I would say is if you tried everything leave the phone out on a table some where switched off or something for a couple of days and see if it sorts itself out.

Mine seemed to be change of environment that caused the phones self preservation kick in somehow.
0 Likes
GothicGeisha
Navigator
Options
Stick it in a bag of rice for a few days
0 Likes
totallywonky
First Poster
Options
I am having the same issue, I can clear it by using a cocktail stick or similar to poke round but as soon as I unplug it the warning pops straight back up?! Not been near moisture and it only started after the second August update. I also have been experiencing random heating issues since then that never happened prior. Anyone got ideas on why as soon as cable removed it triggers moisture detected and usb Connected/disconnected notification to rapidly cycle?
0 Likes