Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message notification sound just disappears.

(Topic created on: 18-09-2022 06:48 PM)
MrFraggle
Apprentice
Options

I have a new, few months, S22 Ultra and my problem is that the message notification sound just stops working. And I need to reset the phone to get it back for a while. I am going to take it up to the Samsung store in Edinburgh and I have read threads of a similar nature but zilch works for except reset.

It is so annoying; I need to know when messages arrive as I am having hospital treatment, that I am considering getting another phone and not a Samsung.

Any thoughts?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Are you using standard, Samsung provided sounds? As not some funky sound downloaded from the net.

Do you maybe have power management on which in turn can limit your messaging app?

And finally do you have notification reminders on. You set those to remind you silly until you check the notification

0 Likes
MrFraggle
Apprentice
Options

Yep, standard sounds but when it decided to go silent, I can go into sounds, notification sound and tapping any of the sounds I get nothing.

I have no idea what power management is, so I doubt I have it on.

Again, I am sorry I have no idea what notification reminders are and how to turn them on, so I assume not. 

But none off this would explain why after a reset the notification sound works just fine the at some point, I realise that I am not getting them again.

0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Try clearing phone cache to troubleshoot the issue 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/

I'm assuming you have the latest firmware.

And notification reminders are under settings/notifications/advanced settings 

0 Likes
MrFraggle
Apprentice
Options

Yes to firmware.

And thanks for the pointer to the notification reminder setting I have switch it on but if I lose the sound then I cannot see its use?

0 Likes