Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep calm...

(Topic created on: 22-02-2022 01:14 PM)
Yorkie73
Pioneer
Options
I'm just going to throw my two pence (peneth?) regarding the software issues on the S22 Ultra. I think we all need to remember that we, lucky enough to receive it prerelease data are using old software.

OK not old but not fully field tested either. As I recall, every year Samsung release a big software update on or a few days before the actual release date. Definitely remember this happening last year with the S21 Ultra, think I got mine a few days early but the software update was already to be downloaded. Then, about a month later, another, then another etc etc. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm a little disappointed that my brand new, shiny, expensive S22 Ultra is a bit buggy. Seems the worst of the issues is the Display Driver, or the GPU Driver, whichever, its annoying but hopefully the developer boss at Samsung can, or indeed already have fixed it.

We need to have a little patience is all. Like all newly released phones, it'll get better with time.

If all else fails, send it back or... Let it ride up with wear. 
9 REPLIES 9
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Thank you!! Well said! Alredy told someone to be patient with battery issues and I dont know how much I can tell others to be patient. Much appreciate your post! 👌 👍 Patience is a virtue everyone that we all need to hsve right now 😌
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Personally if I'm spending North of £1.2K, I'm expecting my expensive investment to be working properly.
I get what you say in that not just Samsung have early adopters software issues. But non of the phones released on general sale or sent out should be on pre release software.
I do a lot of Beta software testing, on a range of phones, and I'm aware of the pitfalls of this. But it's concerning to hear some of the quite bad software issues there are so far.

Having said that, using Smart Switch to transfer data is part of the problem for some.
I'm just hoping when mine arrives in a couple of weeks, it's going to be good. I picked one of the exclusive Web order only colours
Nizam_Ahmed
Pioneer
Options
Same march 10th so far away
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Here's my 2 cents  😉

Yes software is tested prior to release but with the vast array of apps , themes and 3rd party launchers and keyboards, apk files that people decide to use etc I'm not surprised there are some bugs and Samsung I assume wouldn't be able to cover all the bases.

This is why it's important to send feedback and any error reports to Samsung so they can be aware and send out updates.

My personal preference is to not use Smartswitch.

I use Samsung Cloud and if necessary go into the Playstore then mylibrary and download my apps separately.

Then if necessary clear the phone's system cache files if something presents itself as an issue.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Nizam_Ahmed
Pioneer
Options
Still says processing?
0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
I agree with this 👆🏻

OK, we got our devices early - but it's only 4 days earlier, so why would my £1,500 device be running a software that's not fully field tested?
This might be the case for the likes of SuperSaf who I'm sure had the S22 Ultra weeks before we did..

I am very eager to receive the said updates because this is not a great start at all. Too many bugs on too many devices at once.

Also moderators telling us to send error reports for every bug we encounter within 15 minutes. That's fine, but is that all? Not even a promise that the issues will be sorted out as a matter of urgency? We should be enjoying our new and expensive phones, not look for bugs and then rush to send out error reports withing 15 minutes of experiencing them...

It's getting a bit frustrating now and until Samsung comes up with an urgent fix, they will be flooded with returns.

I will try and remain patient and keep an eye on this forum but at the same time I will take my time and won't be sending out my Note 20 Ultra to them, just in case ... I think the return window closes on the 7th of March so plenty of time until then.

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I do the same and don't use Smartswitch.
I follow the same thing you do
Babishko
Big Cheese
Options
Keep the faith guys. I had EXACTLY the same issues with my S21 Ultra when it was new a year ago and I REALLY feel for all you good people out there who are feeling crushed and disappointed and quite angry over your new phones problems as I felt the same when I had problems with my phone when new. I look at my phone now and I would have been so happy to have it be the blazingly fast cool running long lasting techno powerhouse it now is from day one; but it wasn't. When fully sorted and optimized your phones will be Samsung's greatest and fastest phone to date and a joy for you all to use and own but you are all paying top money for your devices and such problems should not be happening to you.. Good luck to you all.. 👍
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes thats why Id dint use Smart Switch to install apps when I got my S21 and its been fine. I used Smart Switch when I had the A51 5g and it did fine for about 1 year and then in October it started malfunctioning which is why I got the S21. So I think SmartSwit h is part of the problem but honestly when phones are first released you can expect some small bugs to crop up which can be ironed out in updates. But anything bigger than slight unnoticeable bugs can be frustrating and concerning understandably.