Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green screen

(Topic created on: 25-09-2023 08:56 PM)
Lottie_B
Apprentice
Options
Anybody else get a completely green screen when using whatsapp video call? The other person can see me but my screen remains green. Any suggestions/help? Seems to have been since the last update.
18 REPLIES 18
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm not experiencing this @Lottie_B 

Perhaps start by clearing the cache of the app via Settings > Apps > Choose WhatsApp > Storage > Clear Cache.

Also please double check the app permissions. 

There might be some relevant faqs or support information on the WhatsApp Site too. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

ed531
First Poster
Options
Yep, my WhatsApp video call screen is green too
0 Likes
Lottie_B
Apprentice
Options
Have you managed to find any solutions for it yet? I use it quite a lot so it's causing me a problem.
0 Likes
Lottie_B
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for your reply. I've tried all of the above but it's still completely green. It's seems like it coincides with the newest update which isn't great. Very frustrating when it's something I use regularly
0 Likes
ed531
First Poster
Options
No, it happened after the latest update and only to certain phones,
0 Likes
Bearsa
Journeyman
Options
Yes exactly the same issue only since the latest software update, which I making think why bother updating?
I have send loads of error messages in about the problem and phoned Samsung, without any resolution.
0 Likes
changggg
First Poster
Options
Happening to mine too. I can see myself but the person om this end of the line can't see my face and just sees a green screen.
0 Likes
RajivP
Student
Options
Anyone found any resolution to this.
Its seems to be specific phones....mines an S10 note lite and whoever I call just see a green screen
Lottie_B
Apprentice
Options
I've actually partially resolved the issue my side. I've figured out it's not an issue with my phone it's with the other person I was ringings phone. Must be down to specific models as she has a different phone to myself. I only know its not down to my phone because I called someone else and there were no issues from either side.
0 Likes