Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pay can't be set up for contactless payments on this device...

(Topic created on: 25-09-2022 08:46 PM)
Jordan4444
Apprentice
Options
Has anyone experienced Google Pay not working on their S22U or any other Samsung device? And know the reason or fix for it? Samsung Support and Google Support were useless.
23 REPLIES 23
Jordan4444
Apprentice
Options
It looks like I have all of the recent updates. All up to date. What would clearing thr partition cache do? And how do I do it?
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Wiping cache partition fixes some of the bugs and improve performance by removing unwanted cache files.

Turn off your phone.

Connect your phone with a USB cable to PC or another Samsung mobile.

You will see this charging icon on your S22 screen. Wait till it shows charging with battery percentage. Next, press and hold the Volume up and Side key simultaneously. You can press the Volume up button just before the Side key. Samsung Logo followed by Samsung Galaxy appears on the screen. At this point, release the keys.

Phone will boot into Android Recovery mode.

In Android recovery mode, using Volume keys, choose “Wipe Cache Partition”. Then press Side Key.

Confirm by selecting “Yes” and then press Side Key.

You get “cache wipe complete” at the bottom of the screen.

Restart the phone to complete the process.
0 Likes
dj9494
Voyager
Options
What's the error?? Can you please share a screenshot?? And try cleaning cache and data of Google pay
0 Likes
Jordan4444
Apprentice
Options
Here is the error that comes upScreenshot_20220925-200322_Google Play services_1000000009_1664132614.jpg
0 Likes
dj9494
Voyager
Options
Have you installed apps like anydesk or any app which promotes remote access??
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Where did you get your phone?
Something not right there
0 Likes
Jordan4444
Apprentice
Options
No, I don't think so.
0 Likes
Jordan4444
Apprentice
Options
I got it from Selfridges in London. It's not second hand or anything
0 Likes
dj9494
Voyager
Options
It a wild spread issue, I was just checking out the community and lots of people have this issue. Wait for update I guess
dj9494
Voyager
Options
Try booting up in safe mode. Turn off your mobile and turn on when you see Samsung logo press down volume key. Check if Google wallet is working or not
0 Likes