Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S22 Plus won't connect to pc or Android Auto via USB

(Topic created on: 19-11-2022 01:51 PM)
Members_8c9YAi0
Apprentice
Options

I have tried the following to connect to my PCs and Android Auto. I am positive its a phone setting, not cables or drivers:

Approx 10 cables inc A-C and C-C new old and specific Data and OEM cables.

I have used Developer/ USB debugging

Diagnostics that confirm USB connection

Samsung Switch

Samsung USB drivers 

Reset the phone

*#0808#  MTP + ADB

Un-installed Android-Auto re-installed 

All I get on the phone is "Slow Charging" notice

Is there anything I am missing?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
ScrappyCocos
Navigator
Options

Hi! 

• Android Auto connection issues are common if you’ve used Smart Switch to set up your new Galaxy S22. The best option is to find the app in the Google Play Store and uninstall and reinstall it. You can also go to Settings–>Apps–>Android Auto and tap on Force Stop. Tap on Storage and select both Clear cache and Clear data.
  • It’s also a good idea to go through the setup process again. Delete the device connection on your phone and the car and re-connect to Android Auto. If you’re having trouble connecting to Android Auto Wireless, set up a wired connection first by plugging in the Galaxy S22 with a cable. After establishing a wired connection initially, some users find that Android Auto Wireless works as expected the next time.
  • If you’re using a wired connection, the phone should automatically detect it and change the setting accordingly. If it’s not working, tap on the Android System notification in the drop-down panel and check or change it to Transferring files/Android Auto.
  • You can report any software issues to Samsung by going to the Samsung Members app and tapping on Get help–>Send feedback–>Error reports.

" If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0 "
0 Likes
Members_8c9YAi0
Apprentice
Options

I have tried all of that (several times) the notice  Transferring files/Android Auto. never appears on the phone, This is what I suspect is missing or the reason I cannot connect to Auto or PC thanks for replying :smiling-face:

0 Likes
emylou2402
First Poster
Options
Hi. Did you ever resolve this issue as I am experiencing the same issue and not getting any answers from anywhere? Definitely not the cable or car as the issue.
0 Likes
Katesmom2017
First Poster
Options

am having the same issue, not connecting, only showing slow charge. I have not been able to connect in days. Tried two brand new cables. 

0 Likes
Members_8c9YAi0
Apprentice
Options

I still haven't been able to fix direct USB connection however after trying out several wireless connections via a 3rd party suppliers, I can highly recommend AA Wireless https://www.aawireless.io/ it worked within seconds and still have not had any problems. 

I suspect the USB connection is a phone problem and driver and will only be fixed in future updates (not good at all Samsung!)

0 Likes
emylou2402
First Poster
Options
I agree. My husband has a S22 as well and he is now having the same issue. We both rely on our phone for sat nav via android auto. I've had to revert to using a cradle in my car to use the sat nav. Very frustrating.
0 Likes
Katesmom2017
First Poster
Options

The last time this happened I changed the the USB option from transferring files to USB tethering and it was able to connect. I am going to try that today and see what happens. 
It's kind of annoying to be working on one part of my trip then suddenly not working anymore. 😕 

0 Likes
Stresshead
First Poster
Options
I've got a Mazda cx5 and my s22 ultra wouldn't with android auto. Bought a USB 3.0 a to c lead and worked perfectly. Samsung tech support should be aware of this, but tech support offered no help at all.
Can't believe a simple £7 usb 3.0 lead solved issue
0 Likes
Solution
Members_8c9YAi0
Apprentice
Options

Finally solved, I hope it helps, recently got the USB C connection fixed, and power, although charging the phone USB C was partly broken (hope this makes sense) after replacement everything is working as new!

0 Likes