Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S22 Disappointing Battery Life

(Topic created on: 21-03-2022 11:36 PM)
thomas_yan
Apprentice
Options

Hi guys

I have got a brand new Galaxy S22 for about 1.5 weeks now.

The battery life is really disappointing.

I have checked reviews before purchase & everyone is saying 5-6 hrs screen on time minimum.

However my phone never last for more than 3 hrs screen on time since i have purchased!

Screen On Time.jpg

I have turned off every possible settings & all the apps are in deep sleep mode.

The battery life is utterly unacceptable for a brand new phone.

Is my phone faulty? I am almost going to ask for a refund!

Let me know about yours, thanks!

16 REPLIES 16
Antonz85
Pathfinder
Options
Is that the standard s22? If so from what ive read the battery is quite poor especially its only a 3700 mah. Maybe thats the reason
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi that's the problem, you have to let the smart phone be a smart phone & optimize itself first, that usually takes a week or two, from my experience backup your phone settings & do a factory reset, don't put any apps in deep sleep, then just let the phone optimize itself, I know it sounds silly but it works.
Make sure to turn on adaptive battery, also turn off the obvious things you don't need, like location (optional) Bluetooth, NFC, Bluetooth & WIFI scanning.
Also don't copy apps when setting up start from a fresh setup.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I can see from your screenshot that your using location based apps quite heavily @thomas_yan 

This can use much more battery than typical use.

I see you had 36% battery percentage left so your phone's stats would have been more if left to run to around 15%.

I would never suggest to let a phone go below 15%.

When you screenshot can you also use the capture scroll option so that all your apps are shown which are using the battery.

This would help us get a better handle on what's using your battery.

Battery stats and SOT is a subjective topic as we all set up our phone's differently, use different apps with different apps preferences and use our phone's differently.

You could try cleaning your phone's system file cache partition too which may help.

> This clears the phone's system partition cache file. No personal information is lost. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a turned On laptop to access this section. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
thomas_yan
Apprentice
Options

Yes, standard S22, it's unacceptable!

0 Likes
thomas_yan
Apprentice
Options

Why would I go through all these hassle for a new phone...?

I might as well get another phone with good battery. This is very annoying.

thomas_yan
Apprentice
Options

The satnav just 1 occasion, normal scrolling would take similar amount of battery.

This is happening every single day since I had this new phone for the past 2 week.

I will give a go on cleaning the partition cache file, but I doubt it would help much... let's see

Thanks

Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Because when you get a new smart phone that's what's needed, it's entirely up to you, I'm just giving you a solution to fix the things you are disappointed with.
0 Likes
rodmendes92
Explorer
Options
I couldn't agree more with you. I have the S22 256GB for a week now and battery life really sucks... Leave home around 7am, got home at 4:30pm and need to charge it...
With my other phone (S21 Ultra 256GB) I get home with almost 50% battery 😄
Gauranga
Explorer
Options
Very interesting to not put any apps in deep sleep during the time the battery is learning your usage patterns

Could you give more details on that?

Also, putting apps in deep sleep after the phone has learnt your usage pattern increases the battery by a greater margin?
0 Likes