Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM problem

(Topic created on: 17-05-2023 10:52 PM)
Golabus
Apprentice
Options
Hi.

Today I downloaded esim from Lycamobile(UK), started to install and worked for few seconds. After that I lost network on all of the SIMs, checked in sim manager and it is stucked on loading screen. Somehow my physical sims disappeared and only esim available although nothing can be done to it. Can not change it o delete it. Cleared cached, done factory reset and nothing, it is still there not usable. Tried everything.

Can anyone help me with it? Thanks!
45 REPLIES 45
Members_KkNoKvK
First Poster
Options

Had the same problem, samsung replaced motherboard under warranty

0 Likes
Members_T2RwuuS
First Poster
Options

Same problem on my mobile. But there is more when i try to listen music or watch any video the sound stops for a second than cointinues. Is that occur in your mobile too?

0 Likes
laher07
First Poster
Options
Mine has just been fixed by Samsung. The motherboard had to be replaced! Worrying that an esim can cause such a headache that the entire motherboard has to be replaced
0 Likes
RTGR
First Poster
Options

Yes the exact same here. Samsung is currently taking care of my phone; they told me it should be fixen in a few days. Probably the replacement of the motherboard.

0 Likes
simeonst91
First Poster
Options

Got exactly the same issue. Setup my Airalo SIM card in advance while I was still in the Czech Republic. Arrived to US on the 8th of September, turn the eSIM on and the phone went completely berserk. Both SIM cards disappeared/not recognized. The SIM card slot empty error keeps popping up every few seconds. Sound keeps cutting off every few seconds. 

Next day I contacted US support and they couldnt recognize the device by the IMEI because it was an UK device, even so they suggested to visit one of their service partners.. went there the guy was making fun of them that they are just constantly trying to get rid of people. In case he suggested a factory reset.. this was not possible either. I am clicking on it and also selecting to remove the eSIM, asks me to verify myself and then it loads for 15 seconds and spits me back to the first menu of factory reset. 
Going to SIM manager and selecting to remove the eSIM does exactly the same thing.. starts loading when I click remove and spits me out back after 10 seconds.

Decided not to progress further as I couldn't loose my apps/details as I was on a business trip and needed access to bank and transportation apps. 

Fast forward 9 days and I am back in the Czech Republic. Went to a genuine Samsung service center and the first thing the guy told me was: "Ah last week we had 4 people with the same issue" and this is where things become even funnier: I bought my phone from a store in Germany with an official invoice (from eBay) which sold me an UK version phone, which apparently is against Samsung's policies and the guy told me that he is 99% sure that Samsung will reject my request to be covered under warranty. 1 day later they called me to come and pick my phone because they won't fix it under warranty and he told me to reach out to the UK support. Asked out of curiosity how much it would cost? He said 70-80% of the price of the phone. 

Few hours later I reached out to Samsung Support UK even though I have shared every single detail about my previous cases with conversation/cases ID and a link to this very own thread where people actually say that it requires a motherboard swap they kept asking me to try to remove the eSIM, to add a new eSIM, to restart my phone, to factory reset like I have tried already 50 times. Anyway I still gave him the pleasure to do everything and then in the end he writes to me "this needs to be evaluated by one of our engineers". I explained to him that it was already evaluated by Samsung Czech Republic that it needs a mother board replacement. No, he says it has to be evaluated in the UK and the guy from UK suggested: "to travel to UK to go to a service center, but to set the expectation this probably won't be covered under warranty because it's bought from Germany".

At this point I am so unpleasantly surprised by the indifference of Samsung. It's so ***** clear that is a problem on their end and it's a known issue too, yet they are making my life a nightmare. Like the past 10 days without a functioning phone on the other side of the world was not enough. 

Samsung! Get your SH*T together! 

Members_4VqFDVz
First Poster
Options

I have S22 bought in Ireland and this issue has wrecked my head while on holidays in USA. I have downloaded Airalo app and installed eSIM with USA plan. When I got to US, I have activated eSIM and it was working for maybe 3 hours. The very same evening I restarted the phone, because it started to ask me if I want to refresh sim services to get actual info or something in that sense. After I did the restart, that's it. The phone never again reconnected again to any mobile network. Neither physical (I have normally 2 in the phone) or eSIM was possible to turn on. Physical SIM was not even showing it's inside the phone despite it was. I tried the different physical SIM in this S22, nothing. I tried to delete eSIM, factory reset with deleting eSIM, not possible. I connected the phone to USB port and held power button with volume up to get to bootloader menu so I wipe off everything, didn't help it. The eSIM still there and not possible to remove. Samsung official chat annoying as usual with bs telling all the steps I have to try without actually picking the phone for service. I had to call and demand the repair and pick up service. Phone currenly in repair centre with the following info:

FAULTY MECHANICAL COMPONENT
REPLACED MECHANICAL COMPONENT.
YOUR HANDSET HAS THE LATEST MANUFACTUER APPROVED SOFTWARE
UNIT HAS BEEN TESTED AND MEETS MANUFACTURER SPECIFICATIONS

Dear Customer,

Additional parts are required, from Samsung, to complete the repair of your device. We have placed an order for the required parts and they’ll be with us shortly.

This is completely unacceptable that the whole series S22 is broken. I will try to install eSIM right after they fix it and hopefully it's broken again so I can ask for a refund for an unfixable issue.

0 Likes
RTGR
First Poster
Options

So mine has been repaired: the motherboard was replaced, under warranty. It seems to work now (esims have been removed), however, I believe this whole esim-issue has destroyed my first physical sim card. It is not working anymore when I insert it (also not with other phones).

Also, they did a factory reset (which had no effect of course ;-))... great.

0 Likes
Members_fBTBFnv
First Poster
Options

Do you already have a solution. Same thing here

0 Likes
Members_fBTBFnv
First Poster
Options

Solution:
I just got back from the official Samsung Repair Centre. After conducting the following:
- Hard/factory reset
- Wiping partition keys / network settings
- All the other suggested solutions on the internet

They tried to reflash the software, so completely empty the phone and upload whole new software. Unfortunately, it not solves the issue. Apparently, it is a very specific bug/glitch of using Sim with Esim in foreign countries for specific models with Airalo. It corrupt your whole motherboard. The only solution: get your motherboard replaced at a Samsung Service Centre....

A lot of effort.....

0 Likes
Members_4VqFDVz
First Poster
Options

got my S22 back and they replaced the logic board - I guess it's not the whole motherboard? not sure. all esims are gone. not going to use this phone with esim again as I have no nerves to go through factory reset and setting up all apps again, it's such a hassle.

0 Likes