Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emoji issue

(Topic created on: 18-01-2023 01:17 PM)
MBulgakov
First Poster
Options

Hello. When texting, I choose an emoji, but a quite different looking emoji appears in the text field. See the attached screen shot.

I want to send the thump up emoji I choose in the emoji menu, not the appearing in the text field. How do I fix this?

Screenshot_20230118_134236_Messages.jpg

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
As I can see you have added it on ur txt field. Not sure what u are trying to say.
0 Likes
MBulgakov
First Poster
Options

What I'm trying to say, is that the thump-up-emoji in the emoji menu, looks different from the thump-up-emoji appearing in the text field.

I want them to look exactly the same. They've been the same on other Android phones i've used, so I guess a solution to this problem could be solved in the keyboard settings. I just don't know what change in the settings. You see? And do you think it could be solved another way?

0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Maybe it depends on either which keyboard your using, or which messaging app you are using. I'm using Samsung messages with swiftkey keyboard. Just tried Samsung keyboard and both thumbs up emoji's come out the same. Maybe if your using Google messages there emoji's are different. Screenshot_20230118_153016_Messages.jpg
alexkatz
Explorer
Options

Emoji is basically letters. And you can have different fonts in different apps.

So on every phone the emoji will look the same, it's just shown differently on the keyboard (which itself is an app)

0 Likes
Options
Google's emojis are much different to Samsung's. The messaging app you are using is Google Messages so, it uses Google's style of emoji.
0 Likes