Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does your S22U heat while using camera too?

(Topic created on: 13-05-2022 11:42 PM)
Pd810
Voyager
Options

My S22U is quite hot while using camera, according to DevCheck tha battery temp is aboce 46°C and I guess processor temps are much higher, because I cann feel the heat comming from the left upper corner when the SoC is. Do ypu think I should send it to the service center?

Thanks for suggestions!

Ps. Exynos 2200, 8GB RAM, 128GB version

0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35
viniciuslora
First Poster
Options

Hey @Pd810!

Do you have any updates on the repair?
I'm evaluating going to a service shop to do the same.
My S22+ runs very hot when using the camera. So hot that it starts throttling and stuttering
Thanks in advance!
S22+ - Snapdragon 8 Gen 1

0 Likes
Pd810
Voyager
Options

Hello all,

At SC they were not able to repair the phone (they did not have the parts because of chip shortage). So they refunded me the whole price of the phone and I bought new S22u, this time 256GB version and its bloody amazing. No overheating at all, everything running smoothly, very happy with this phone this time.

0 Likes
Akshi19
First Poster
Options

I went to the service centre and checked with them. They said that they couldn't detect overheating of the device from the thermal meter. Then I showed the temperature from the hardware monitor app. Then they agreed to replace the motherboard of the phone. It is almost 3 weeks now still they say they didn't get the parts. Is there a policy if they can't fix the issue within 30 days they have to refund?

Mine is normal s22 not the ultra version.  Snapdragon 256gb

0 Likes
Pd810
Voyager
Options

Hello @Akshi19 ,

In the EU there is the 30 days policy, but you wrote that you have a snapdragon variant, so I assume you live outside EU. In that case, you should check your state country laws.

0 Likes
magginette
First Poster
Options

Hi, I wonder if you've used Samsung in the end?
I just sent my S20 over and got an infuriating response.

I have a cracked screen (dropped the phone few days prior, didn't shatter at the time, but then just decided to crack while I was sitting!) and they got back to me saying they can't observe overheating, but if I don't pay to have the screen repaired, they are released from any responsibility for the device! 
I've had it overheating since July - first happened when I was at quite a high altitude, so I thought that might be something to do with that. Then it just started overheating each time I use camera: pictures taking, whatsapp video call etc. 
I never expected them to fix the screen, but it looks like now I will be left with a dangerous phone, that's not even 2 years old and cost a lot of money to start with.

0 Likes
S K Singh
Student
Options

yes i use the camera after 10 to 14 sec. phone is heating upper left hand side

0 Likes